IGNORED

Teleportation

Atop

First thing to come to mind:

The Jaunt by Stephen King.

Alfred Bester's 'The Stars my Destination' is what you should have meant to refer to.......

Since I believe anything is possible, I am hoping they make haste with what I know will be a common technology to all of us left alive after the zombie apocalypse.....

Maybe the Scientists need a time machine to help quicken the invention of the teleportation device?

C'mon future!

still .. if they are actually succeeding (has many doubts) at instantaneous communication of quantum states .. it could be rather intresting for a number of fields .. not including the teleportation business ..

yes yes, excellent thing they are doing.

in theory, they could upscale this to an "ansible" (instant communication over ANY distance), which is pretty staggering.

hopefully just in time for the enders game movie .. sequel ... ( was it in that .. man the mists of time ..) ..

plus we could explore other planets with proxy bots ... don't have to bother sending men for all that bS ..

yeah but apparently other sci fi authors call them "ansibles" as well. Dunno who invented it.

fake edit: wikipedia tells me Usrula LeGuin invented the idea

I've always meant to read Lathe of Heaven. thx for the reminder.

so if what you say is true, and a human being was successfully teleported, then it could be argued that the arrived human wouldnt be the same person anymore

in the sense that the actual matter was different (atoms), then no, it wouldnt be the same person. i dont know how well thoughts, memories, personality would transfer because i dont know how those things are stored in the brain. if every single atom was copied exactly, i would think these things would be copied as well...

Archived