IGNORED

The Legendary Midway Games

Alzado

Guest Dirty Protest

I didnt realise MK was considered a good game at the time, never mind in retrospect. Ive always considered it Sonic to SF2's Mario, flash but ultimately soul-less. I'll throw it on MAME now and see if ive been wrong all these years.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didnt realise MK was considered a good game at the time, never mind in retrospect. Ive always considered it Sonic to SF2's Mario, flash but ultimately soul-less. I'll throw it on MAME now and see if ive been wrong all these years.

MK wasn't that great - MK II refined it into a great fighting game.

MK wasn't that great - MK II refined it into a great fighting game.

one thing we can agree on to end this thread

i was talking more like age 10-13, which is when i played in arcades alot. when you were importing neo geo games i doubt you were this young unless your parents were millionaires.

and MK2 was the best selling and most popular arcade game of all time, those were good times :)

Your hard-on for Midway's shitty games cannot excuse the fact they produced mostly turds (post mk2), which is why they're dead now.

fixed

. There were more violent games than MK that were sprite-based, it was the fact that MK used digitized characters is what caused the uproar.

not to perpetuate this unnecessarily but what games were more violent than MK sprite based or otherwise in the arcades or console previous to it? i've only seen one game that fits this paradigm and its an arcade shooter by Exidy called 'Chiller' , unless you are referring to *only* this game id love to see what other are out there!

453_1.png

i like the neo geo story, by the time i was 15 you could buy neogeo stuff pretty cheap on ebay and thats the only time i ventured into the VHS + sized catridge world.

seriously though technocop (which i had many lols from as a child on the sega genesis) and roadrash arent that violent, and MK 1 still beats them by a long shot.

i was hoping youd find somethng a little more Chiller esque ;-). If you canthink of anymore please post them. I can probbaly dig out some old PC games pre Mk1 that were really gory but i forget the names.

*raises you 1 chiller*

i like the neo geo story, by the time i was 15 you could buy neogeo stuff pretty cheap on ebay and thats the only time i ventured into the VHS + sized catridge world.

seriously though technocop (which i had many lols from as a child on the sega genesis) and roadrash arent that violent, and MK 1 still beats them by a long shot.

i was hoping youd find somethng a little more Chiller esque ;-). If you canthink of anymore please post them. I can probbaly dig out some old PC games pre Mk1 that were really gory but i forget the names.

*raises you 1 chiller*

Yeah, TechnoCop was silly - I loved the way the bloody mess your enemies became twitched after you shot them :)

There was the Splatterhouse arcade game (one of my alltime favourite games ever), and it was pretty gory, but more cartoonish than realistic.

i was just remembering back to when the senate was holding hearings on what to do about Mortal Kombat showing videos of the spine rip fatality to crowds of conservative old people.

times have sure changed havent they?

the majority of new videogames have violence at least at the level of Mortal Kombat 1, either these same senators arent paying attention or they have completely given up on their quasi moral standards.

Archived