IGNORED

Computer Tech Assistance Needed

Guest assegai

Guest assegai

I somehow managed to get a pretty bad computer virus on my computer... AVG and Spybot wont open, adaware does a piss poor job and all the free computer scanner websites wont even work. I've decided I probably have to reformat but I don't have an XP disc that came with the dell. Anyone know how to reformat without a disc? I'm trying to avoid spending 150$ on a fresh copy of XP. Thanks :undecided:

Guest assegai

Yeah, the internet is slow, but I'm using the computer with the virus on it right now to post here.

I also need to do some banking online so I didn't want to do that until I wipe this shit out.

Guest assegai
Malwarebytes succeeds where avg and spybot fail.

The virus wont let me update any of my antivirus software, so whenever I download an antivirus program I'm using whatever version the original download is, so I don't know how effective it'l be but i'm going to try that now.

Mcpete - tried safemode, didn't work and whenever I open the folder where my dl's are, my OS crashes lol

Archived