IGNORED

bacon

pylonbitch

Guest fiznuthian

Baconnaise is awesome..

The product sold as "baconnaise" is stupid though.. It's just soybean oil mayonnaise with bacon flavor.. Isn't the pig fat what we're all here for anyway? There's no bacon or lard anywhere in the ingredients..

I think a ratio of 1:1 olive oil/bacon fat works best.

Ironically I would consider baconnaise a health food:

- Saturated and monounsaturated fats, not too much PUFA

- Egg yolks are super nutritious

- Salt and lemon juice. Salt rules..

I know some of your moms and grandmoms cooked exlusively in butter, lard, or bacon grease.. They should have stuck to their roots if they haven't IMO.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some of your moms and grandmoms cooked exlusively in butter, lard, or bacon grease.. They should have stuck to their roots if they haven't IMO.

Hells yes - i cook my scrambled eggs in the same frying pan that i've just cooked the bacon in - no need to add oil, pan is already hot, eggs take a minute to cook and it's that all natural flavouring that can't be beat.

(and it's one less dish to wash :) )

Hells yes - i cook my scrambled eggs in the same frying pan that i've just cooked the bacon in - no need to add oil, pan is already hot, eggs take a minute to cook and it's that all natural flavouring that can't be beat.

(and it's one less dish to wash :) )

my dumb american friends always get grossed out when I do this, but holy shit it's simply the best way.

i like to tilt the pan and spoon the grease over the eggs. no need to flip!

Archived