IGNORED

Wireless Headphones For Music/Gaming

Tessier Ashpool

So, WATMM being the font of all wisdom when it comes to things electronic and poop related, I pose this conundrum.

I'm getting effin' sick of the tangles that occur with my current headphones that I use with my Sony phone/mp3 player. I'm also prone to late night gaming while the GF passes out on the couch, so I plug my headphones into the stereo so as not to disturb her (And to allow the rampant cries of Supermutants and Raiders caress my ears in full force).

The #1 thing, I think, is to get something I can use with my phone/player as I use it all the time, and the shitty in-ear 'phones that come with the player make pretty much anything a step up. However, I'd like to be able to get something I can stream audio from the stereo at home to bypass the wires there too.

What are my options here? I've done a shit-ton of research on bluetooth stereo headphones, but haven't found anything that seems remotely reasonable as both bluetooth/home theatre streaming except these.

So, any suggestions? Or should I just say fuck it and try and find wireless headphones separately for each?

I too have been looking for some good wireless cans so I can game with full sound on late at night after the wife and kids hit the hay. I've heard where the RF-wireless ones interfere with wireless networks, and the direct-sight ones are pretty shitty 'cause they cut out if things pass in front of you (not that big of a deal though). Another requirement is a digital optical (TOSLINK) input, as I want digital quality out of them. I don't mind the surround-sound types either, but has anybody got experience with any of these, or wireless headphones (not a headset with a mic) for gaming? Any recommendations?

how much do you guys want to pay?

because seriously there is only ONE proper answer to this question. PIONEER SE-DHP2000, it will cost around $449 for both the wireless transmitter and the actual headphones

they are wireless, have the ability for additional phones to the wireless reciever, they delivery massive amazing dolby 5.1 surround sound through only 2 capsules (using a digital psych acoustic algorithm that sounds fucking unbelievable) and they are very sturdily built much better design than 90% of headphones out there.

and they are so high tech that they aren't even sold in the united states yet. for the past 2 years these have been exclusively sold in japan.

i've heard on these hardcore nerdy surround forums that the only headphones that come close are the Panasonic RP-WH7000 , havent tried them myself.

but if you want high quality, imax movie theatre quality sound and bass that makes you feel like taking a shit all from a pair of headphones you need to get these ASAP.

dhp2000.jpg

edit: the only time i loose connectivity with the phones is if i walk pretty far away or outdoors, it actually has a pretty good range and connectivity moreso than most wireless phones ive used in the past.

last time i used them was to watch star wars episode 3, and it was like having an auditory orgasm.

Wow. Have you tried them yourself?

yes pretty much anytime i watch a film or play games alone at home i use them. i rarely use my speakers anymore when im alone, the surround on he phones is superior to the speaker setup i have.

a while back i posted a ton of reviews of albums and some movies using only these phones, i think it was before the time all the watmm posts got erased.

another awesome thing about the pioneers is they have 2 optical digital cable inputs on the transmitter, one opitical out and one spidif/coaxil input in. So pretty much any digital options you want to throw at it, its going to accommodate with the exception of HDMI

edit: about that link, for some reason they split up the devices, that price is only for the headphones not the wireless transmitter which runs around $200~ alone

Daaaamn - Hot shit, but pricey. If the price of just the cans included the transceiver I'd consider it, but just can afford to plunk down 400 bucks on there.

@ JR - There's some Sennheiser's which look like "decent" cans for a non-5.1 experience here. There's also a step up w/fake surround sound but not sure it'd be worth the extra 50 bucks.

The Turtle Beach ones are supposed to be good for strictly gaming headphones

Problem with any of these is that the base transmitter is so large that it couldn't function w/my mp3 phone which is why I was thinkin' bluetooth.

Archived