IGNORED

Magic Ship

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

I found this crazy commune rock record at a salvation army a year ago--The Magic Ship

took me awhile to find anything about it--super home-made production--giant photo of like 300 hippy kids in the mountains on the cover--drums, synthesizers and weird gospel singing.

anyway, following this link, you can find a sound sample of one of the tracks, a strange take on Sprach Zarathustra. try and find the rest of the tracks if possible. really weird album. the originator site lists 2 other albums, this one was like from 1973 though. anybody who likes the JC Superstar soundtrack should locate this.

http://waxidermy.com/images/pitch-Zarathustra.mp3

blog:

http://waxidermy.com/2006/03/20/pitch-our-house/

Guest rufus

This album sounds completely and utterly awesome.

I'm listening to the one track off it - it's incredible.

Is there any chance of might be able to rip it and stick it on Megaupload or something. The ONLY mention of it on the web is on that site.

It's not on Gemm or Discogs either. I think the chances of ever finding a real copy are fairly remote!

Sorry if this is an annoying begging request. I'd just love to hear it!

Guest DaveMike

holy shit i feel 10 times more nerdish listening to this,, but i do love this kind of rock with the vocal harmonys.

remindes me of dj shadow cut chemist product placement shit

Guest rufus
HI RUFUS, CUTE BUNNY! OMG

Well, one has to try. I'm not sure what's going on with your avatar? Is it a weird last super for some folk from Todd Browning's freaks or some strange dada types indulging in a game of Exquistie Corpse?

Or just a painting?

This album sounds completely and utterly awesome.

I'm listening to the one track off it - it's incredible.

Is there any chance of might be able to rip it and stick it on Megaupload or something. The ONLY mention of it on the web is on that site.

It's not on Gemm or Discogs either. I think the chances of ever finding a real copy are fairly remote!

Sorry if this is an annoying begging request. I'd just love to hear it!

sorry for the delay rufus. i'll try to get the title track and a few more ripped and put somewhere to dl next week.

Guest rufus
sorry for the delay rufus. i'll try to get the title track and a few more ripped and put somewhere to dl next week.

My god man, you're absolutely awesome!

My god man, you're absolutely awesome!

here ye are. If you want more HOLLER.

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=EUDBOCXL

here are some photos to look at while enjoying these:

laura_palmer_3.JPG

p_2430822.jpg

openhouse_commune.jpg

blue2-filtered.jpg

killer-robot.jpg

pm me if these tracks fail

• 1 year later...

great lp from staten island

i sold a copy recently for 200 bucks and while the sleeve was in ex condition the wax was pretty beat up [vg]including skips

the cool thing is that unlike most psyche grails this one pops up in the field still and the music keeps up with the "record dork psyche mafia hype machine"

hence a clean OG fetches 800-1k on ebay

it's been reissued with the full treatment [booklet extra tracks etc ] so go get it sonny

i also reccomend D.R Hooker for an equally life changing experience in the xian psyche mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0kuQ3ArLWY&feature=related

Guest disparaissant

that also spake zarathustra cover is just awesome in all the wrong slash right ways

reminds me of maher shalal hash baz.

and both of dr hookers cds .lps have been reissued as well with the fisrt lp being "the one'

also i think the reish lp is oop and worth some cake now as well but not totally sure about that

Archived