IGNORED

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Guest Stoppit

Stewart Lee is epic - I saw him on a bill with Harry Hill about a year or so ago, it was amazing. And doesn't he always go on and on on one joke to the point where it's irritating? That's pretty trademark Lee isn't it?

I'll be watching this when I get a chance.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I quite liked the rapper bit, although it was obviously very repetitive. I liked the bit about the rappers sliding on the handrail, by the coin exchange....

it reminded me of his "but it's still not as funny as some gas that smells like shit coming out of an anus" joke, which i love

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sir Winston
Plus it's not like anyone ever saw Attention Scum anyway.

I saw Futurtv and Either/Or as well. I currently have a torrent for Attention Scum that I keep meaning to download. I thought Munnery was absolutely brilliant, its a real shame that his early stuff has not been kept as I would love to see Futurtv again.

Same with Vidz as well though, lucky enough to get the first two seasons off a mate.

*Slips off to old telly heaven*

i saw one about telly

stewart lee can be funny

but his delivery on this is awful

im all for bitterness and bleak cynicism

but this comes across like hes reading from autocue

some of the material is technically humourous

but it didnt raise a smile in this format

fell flat completely

and the sketches seemed like pointless filler

c for content

e for execution

as for those other 2 cunts

utterly worthless

no redeeming qualities

file next to 2 pints of lager

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe
lee and herring were shit.

never liked him since then

but were you a teenager when lee and herring were on tv? i was

i guess i was

i never liked lee and herring in the 90s fist of fun and all that

it was all a bit too 6th form student union

warmed to the fat chubby one since then a little bit

Guest melotronic

having seen the one on tv (with the ridiculously extended, embarassing rant on del-boy) and this one, i much prefer this one. he seemed much less drunk/over-excited in this ep than the del-boy, lying on the floor debacle

having seen the one on tv (with the ridiculously extended, embarassing rant on del-boy) and this one, i much prefer this one. he seemed much less drunk/over-excited in this ep than the del-boy, lying on the floor debacle

yeah the del boy bit was a bit bill hicks

file next to 2 pints of lager

e ... wha' .... fre? ,,....... now come on now...... :omg:

dunno what youre saying there

fre?

i was talking about those 2 cunts whose names i dont know

the fat one and the other one with the film out

Guest melotronic

fucking horne and corden? cunts indeed

edit: also, noticed chris morris was credited as script editor... has he been doing this for the previous episodes?

Guest Coalbucket PI

I like this series so far. I saw him live last year and he is doing a few of the same jokes, the del boy thing for example. I also saw richard herring twice last year and I think hes excellent too. They just would be better together.

i was talking about those 2 cunts whose names i dont know

the fat one and the other one with the film out

oh sorry, I misread that part of the post. Horne and Corden yeah? Well words fail me with their recent 'comedy' releases, I think two pints somehow transcends the comedy ladder compared to their tripe.

Guest grinningcat
I like this series so far. I saw him live last year and he is doing a few of the same jokes, the del boy thing for example. I also saw richard herring twice last year and I think hes excellent too. They just would be better together.

was the del boy joke as long and annoying??

this series contains the usual flashes of genius and some longer, annoying pieces

all in all, good thou, at least its different.

i dont like the sketches bits though why include them in!!

what are we comparing stewart lee's comedy vehicle to then? Horne and Corden?

i thought it was quite nice seeing a man lying down banging his head on the floor for 5 minutes on bbc2

no no, i was comparing those 2 cunts to 2 pints of lager

i dont think anybody compared them to stewart lee

well someone might've

i didn't really read the thread

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
i saw one about telly

stewart lee can be funny

but his delivery on this is awful

im all for bitterness and bleak cynicism

but this comes across like hes reading from autocue

some of the material is technically humourous

but it didnt raise a smile in this format

fell flat completely

and the sketches seemed like pointless filler

have to agree with ludd on this one. i was pretty disappointed with the first episode. i will give the other episodes a go as i know hes funny.

it mostly felt like some smug prick trying to be clever but i didnt feel the material was clever at all. the rappers bit was awful, just awful. felt it might come back later and make sense and be funny but if thats it then :undecided:

Did anyone watch tonight's show with the insanely manic 70s-era apple shop sketch where they all go mental being pursued by a trombonist. Probably the highlight of the series for me !

Guest Iain C

Really? I thought today's was weak, but I'm too tired to go into it now, I'll probably have a good whinge tomorrow.

I meant just that sketch rather than the episode which I agree was probably one of the weaker eps (but that's cool, I like weaker bits. I can handle upto three - sorry went on an Adam and Joe tangent there). The sheer anarchy, absurdity and intensity in those 5 minutes was something I hadn't seen for aaaaaaaaaages in UK comedy.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

they are on yotube too. i keep meaning to watch the rest of the series but never find time

Archived