IGNORED

Amesoeurs

kokoon

this is really beautiful music, just the right mixture of black metal and shoegaze.

i guess i'll have this on repeat until the spring finally comes.

also, i've been meaning to recommend Alcest, so this is the perfect opportunity - a guy named Neige plays in both.

Guest beatfanatic

Amesoeurs sounds pretty epic

never thought black metal and shoegaze would make a good combom

I am on a huge shoegaze kick lately , been listening to a lot of slowdive for the last couple of days

never thought black metal and shoegaze would make a good combom

i found they work hand in hand.

thanks for the recommendation kokoon. these guys are amazing! i'll have to get hold of some of their stuff.

shoegaze metal seems to be taking off quite nicely, it's a good thing that's what i've been making lately!

great, i'm glad you guys dig.

what about Alcest? his first demos were black, but now he's gone totally shoegaze (with a pinch of metal) - the last youtube clip i posted is from the album "Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde" - it's really really good.

great, i'm glad you guys dig.

what about Alcest? his first demos were black, but now he's gone totally shoegaze (with a pinch of metal) - the last youtube clip i posted is from the album "Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde" - it's really really good.

yeah i've got a few misc tracks by alcest, my girlfriend is more into them (him?) than i am though - that said, i haven't really listened much due to not actually having a full album to absorb.

well definitely check out that album. if you just want to sample it, most (if not all) tracks are up on youtube (but pretty low quality, like the one i posted)

yup, great band. "bonheur amputè" from from their EP "Ruines Humaines" is the best bm-track i heard in the last 10 years.

i'll definitely check out that ep.

such a shame they just disbanded.

I really liked the EP, but I've not really listened to the album much. (Amesoeurs that is).

I remember that Alcest album being pretty cool, the guy really dropped most of the black metal sound, but it sneaks back in every now and then, and sounds thuggin' awesome when it does.

yup, great band. "bonheur amputè" from from their EP "Ruines Humaines" is the best bm-track i heard in the last 10 years.

that's a wicked tune

and yeah thanks kokoon for the recco!

downloaded the full length, and i'll probably go buy it. crazy mix of some straight up shoegaze, straight up black metal, female vocals and a blend of all. delightful. very shitty to hear they broke up.

and now that i think of it, shoegaze offers great atmosphere and lends itself quite well to black metal.

downloaded the full length, and i'll probably go buy it. crazy mix of some straight up shoegaze, straight up black metal, female vocals and a blend of all. delightful. very shitty to hear they broke up.

and now that i think of it, shoegaze offers great atmosphere and lends itself quite well to black metal.

lol, i did the same, we probably listened to it at the same time. fucking amazing album!

and yeah, i'll definitely buy it. hopefully on vinyl.

if nene becomes a fan of black metal my life will be complete and i'll probably dissolve into pure being.

hahah, i think that way about my girlfriend. all i have to do is get her into black metal and teach her how to scream like attila, zole.

i'm halfway there, she likes this stuff and nazxul and the more atmospheric stuff like ulver.

my girlfriend likes dimmu borgir and naglfar and even rotting christ (aslong as i don't tell her it's rotting christ). she also loves opeth and adores Finntroll. she basically is a metalhead.

on a related note, she digs on BoC, snares, aphex twin, and basically whatever i like. it's probably the biggest turn on ever and that makes me more nerdy than fucking planetoid and joyrex combined.

so my advice is try on some opeth for her, start with damnation or some of the lighter songs and then slowly introduce the harder stuff, works like a charm.

my girlfriend likes dimmu borgir and naglfar and even rotting christ (aslong as i don't tell her it's rotting christ). she also loves opeth and adores Finntroll. she basically is a metalhead.

on a related note, she digs on BoC, snares, aphex twin, and basically whatever i like. it's probably the biggest turn on ever and that makes me more nerdy than fucking planetoid and joyrex combined.

so my advice is try on some opeth for her, start with damnation or some of the lighter songs and then slowly introduce the harder stuff, works like a charm.

oh yeah, well she likes jesu and some isis and a bit of opeth. and also autechre and boc and aphex (she bought SOSW and SAW85-92 in the early 90s ffs) so it's just a matter of time before she gets used to the screaming/growling heheh.

Archived