IGNORED

K N 0 W 1 N G

Guest Mr Salads

i thought it was pretty good, i went in not knowing much about numbers, or anything, i remember not snearing with discontent at life when i paid my 5 pounds, its not a great film but it kept me entertained, do i deserve to die now?

Guest Mr Salads

No, I want to enjoy this movie too. But atop took too many drugs back in the day, hes actually incapable of talking about it coherently without mentioning a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and everybody else just shits on it bc its an easy target

No, I want to enjoy this movie too. But atop took too many drugs back in the day, hes actually incapable of talking about it coherently without mentioning a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and everybody else just shits on it bc its an easy target

Fuck You...

I dare you to read any works by the authors I have mentioned...

You, sir, have not done enough drugs!

atop comment aside, I was completely in tune with your approach - I strongarmed two of my co-workers to go see it, by saying things like "remember when Silent Hill got 30% on rotten tomatoes and I said we should go see it and it was actually pretty good? I have a similar feeling about this film" and "at the very least, I hear it has some great vfx."

Thing is, the vfx are really not very good. Perhaps I'm being overly critical as someone with experience in the field (lol), but you can see the "strings" here without much effort: badly comped flame effects, a ridiculous digital moose on fire that lunges towards the camera, phony-looking cg metro train with crappy digital-double driver, etc. It's certainly not ILM quality.

As for the film, I do agree with Atop that if you saw it as a kid it would probably be seared in your memory, like The Quiet Earth, Android, and others were for me...however the disaster scenes are probably too intense for me to allow my hypothetical children to see it.

You can definitely see ways in which it could be better...Alex Proyas just makes a string of dumb choices...the timing of dialogue is way off, making it feel like a student film, and his use of music is very clumsy - instead of heightening the tension it ends up undercutting it.

Guest Gary C

So pretty much nothing happens for 2 hours. Some stuff explodes and there's some shouting. Strangely they even set-up a large elaborate plot, but still nothing really happens.

In the last ten minutes suddenly everyone involved takes a huge shit and some paedo-religious-aliens appear. Dutifully Nicholas Cage sacrifices himself like Jesus. The End.

Also, yeah, unimpressive cgi (on the whole).

Guest Betty
In the last ten minutes suddenly everyone involved takes a huge shit and some paedo-religious-aliens appear.

Aliens? Really? Sounds alright...

Fuck.

Nicolas Cage ruined this film for everyone...

I like the concept and thought it was executed well but I agree with all of you that he sucks...

If they would have had some lesser name 'good' actor, it would have been a better film...

And I am glad that all of the drugs I have taken allow me to see past Cage's shitty acting to enjoy a good story...

but if you like apocalyptic stories, alien progenitors and bunny rabbits, then you can like this film, if you imagine that you are not watching a film starring Nicolas Cage.....so hard to do, fuck!

That asshole!

Archived