IGNORED

teleportation

Guest boo

teleportation  

47 members have voted

1. 1. so if there was a teleportation machine that destroys your brain and body, sends that stuff to the pig farm and remakes you at the other end, in precisely the the state you entered the machine in, with all your memory cells present and correct, drug addictions etc. all still there, back pain, headache, etc. all still there... would you say that was still you?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say it was still me cos i'd be none the wiser. like an android with a memory implant.

but my brain and body were destroyed, so no it wouldn't actually be me, but a carbon copy.

like a fax. (tribute to mosca)

isn't the contents of your brain more important than the stuff it's made out of?

the brain surgery wiki is quite funny:

Risks

There are many risks to neurosurgery. Any operation dealing with the brain or spinal cord can cause paralysis (systemic), brain damage, infection, psychosis or death.[citation needed]

without the stuff there would be no contents. but could there be content without the brain?

like i say i'd be none the wiser.

dunno i'm pretty drunk for this the noo.

im watching a cool anime called kaiba about this very subject.

Kaiba (カイバ ?) is an anime series directed by Masaaki Yuasa that debuted on the Wowow satellite network in Spring 2008. Animation is by Madhouse and it is described as a sci-fi love story.[1]

The series received an Excellence Prize for animation at the 2008 Japan Media Arts Festival.[2]

kaiba-anime.jpg

Archived