IGNORED

red dwarf: back to earth

Guest bitroast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i watched all 3 in a row last night and the making of too. wasn't expecting much and yo know what I thought it was alright. felt a little sloppy in places but didnt it always? the landing sequence felt very out of character for all of them. the despair squid ending was lazy. the blade runner references were too many. there was lots wrong with it but for an hour and a half of my life i enjoyed it. rimmer banging his nuts on the table was pure slapstick lol. easily amused i guess.

i dont think i really want them to make anymore though. pigster is right that they could have come up with something better in all the time they've had. like why wasnt this a movie? that they really planned out?

enjoyable but not that enjoyable.

Guest Stoppit

I avoided reading new posts on this thread until I'd seen all 3 episodes...which I have now done.

When I said

The big tentacle monster just made me want to watch 'Back to Reality' (the one with the suicide squid), which is one of the best episodes ever.

I didn't expect it to actually be another hallucination-inducing squid.

I didn't like the self-referential stuff, or the blade runner references...or any of it really.

Guest joshier

I personally found that a bit weird too. I tohught there was gonna be 4 of them. I've seen all 3 now and wanted to see more.

Guest melotronic

also

something i forgot to mention that struck me

the whole bit with the typewriter and controlled reality etc was better and more fleshed out in a few seconds-worth of stupid cuddly toy antics in adam and joe's "tufty club" (piss-take on fight club with toys) which says a lot really as to the quality of the newer writing.

Guest Gary C

Oh yeah, I watched this earlier, and yeah, it unsurprisingly sucked.

The only really good bits occurred when the crew had just entered our reality and the comments they made on our technology.

Meh, just meh. I should imagine there will be another special, if not, another series. I'll probably watch that too, and also be unsurprised with how much it sucks.

On the subject of the laugh track, I can only imagine that in post-production they made two versions (one with canned laughter) and decided to go without. To be fair, canned laughter would've probably got as much bad-press as a lack of canned laughter.

Guest oxynucid

remind me of the time i introduced my friend to Arrested Development

he didnt like it because of the laugh track....

Guest bitroast
remind me of the time i introduced my friend to Arrested Development

he didnt like it because of the laugh track....

lack of, you mean? arrested development is one of my favourite shows but people i show it to tend to hate it :P

I couldn't make it through the entire first episode. I've been a fan of Red Dwarf since I was a littlun and this depressed me.

Guest abusivegeorge

WRONG THREAD

Fuck it anyway:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Archived