IGNORED

red dwarf: back to earth

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

according to my super awesome calculations, this is airing.. now? in the uk. but im terrible with time so might be wrong.

anyone else looking forward to this? watching it? after season 7 and 8 it's hard to expect anything other than it being totally crappy and unfunny. but being such a fan of the series i am looking forward to watching it AND hopefully seeing the series put to an end. finishing the show on the cliffhanger question mark at the end of the pisspoor season 8 would be a tragic way to finish such a funny show.

ps: i'm not on the internets at 6am because of red dwarf. just so happens i went to bed super early last night and whenever i do that i end up waking up at some terrible time in the morning. back to bed/bye.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

downloading now from thebox.bz

didnt watch the later series but i'm excited for this. the cast looks old, especially rimmers hairline. i'm sure they throw in a joke about aging holograms

Guest Caustic

loved it.

only complaint was the CGI looked a bit was a naff.

any maybe i wasn't looking, but where exactly did the woman come from?

Guest inteeliguntdesign

is kachaski still in it? it went to shit when she joined. i rewatched a series 4 or something a while back. it was still good.

has anyone watched it yet? is it anygood?

Guest bitroast

apparently kochanksi's out and holly's out. just the four dudes. which is ok by me.

judging from what i've read it seems like they're putting extra effort to bring it back to standards of the original series. so it seems promising, but they did the same thing with series 8 by adding more comedy and locking rimmer and lister up together to try and recreate the oldschool bunk scenes and ultimately it just didn't cut it.

good to hear caustics only complaint is the cgi and not terrible writing :)

Guest melotronic

yeah, no holly and kochanski replaced by hot hot big suze from peep show.

it was basically alright. i'm gonna wait to watch the other two and judge it as a whole... they all do look very old

so far: not bad, not great. at least the characters have remained consistent. and i liked the whole rimmer "bit crap" gag

Guest bitroast

gah. i downloaded it but don't know if i should watch it now or wait for night time dinner drinks kind of sesh.

Guest Caustic

apparently they filmed it on some insane new mega HD camera thats about 3x better than current HD.

that's another bother, it looked so good that even the human characters looked unreal.

i don't want HD thats so good that i can see the individual needle holes on craig charles arms.

Guest bitroast

hah! i know what you mean. watched bits of the new indiana jones film on blu-ray on hd tv. and it was just way too clean. it's hard to explain, but it just looked really awkward. plus, every scene looked like dudes in a green room. and the framerate was too smooth. or not smooth enough. again, i dunno, it was just .. TOO clean for a movie.

It was shot on 4x but then it was shown on Dave so it comes out looking like VHS anyway.

I was expecting it to be totally shit but it was OK, though I did miss the live audience and Holly.

Still, I hope it's successful enough for more episodes. Red Dwarf has the potential to become the new Last of the Summer Wine, but not terrible.

Guest bitroast

:O just watched it. it wasn't terrible. as melotronic said earlier "not bad, not great." about the characters being consistent, i had no issues with the 4... except kryten was his annoying gitty self that he somehow turned into during season7/8. and peep show chick was good too :)

all in all, didn't mind the episode, with them just piss farting about and jokes thrown in. i said earlier i was looking forward to the series ending, but i actually think i could happily watch a whole series in the style of this episode. i just hope the rest of these Back to earth episodes aren't too over the top and stray away from the good stuffs.

Guest bitroast

oh! if im gonna give my opinion on the episode, i gotta mention that rimmer ignoring the crew in danger was a bit crap.

Guest oxynucid

yeah i thought this was pretty dissapointing

although Claudia Winklemans sister (who is engaged to a royal) was less cringey than Kochanski

i will however keep watching it

and moaning

:x

Guest Iain C

Like all my friends of my age I loved Red Dwarf back in the 90s and somehow had no idea that they were making some new ones. I'll watch them... just not yet. I haven't actually seen any Red Dwarf for years and I don't want to be disappointed!

Guest Iain C

So it was YOUR binman he stabbed?

Frankly I'd love to meet him to cross off another member from the Maid Marian And Her Merry Men cast list. I've already seen Kate Lonnagan and Tony Robinson.

i live next door to danny john jules, jussayin

Guest melotronic
Frankly I'd love to meet him to cross off another member from the Maid Marian And Her Merry Men cast list. I've already seen Kate Lonnagan and Tony Robinson.

now that was a show!

So it was YOUR binman he stabbed?

i live next door to danny john jules, jussayin

Yeap, that happened the day before i moved in. Sunday mirror knocked on my door to ask me about it. Was cool.

Archived