IGNORED

Berlin

keltoi

i'm going to berlin (for a stag do) on the weekend of July 3rd.

i wondered if there are any regular idm or at least interesting dance type nights or gigs that would appeal to fans of the idm(and similar)?

cool bars with interesting music (as in nice, not trendy/style wank-bars), places to check out?

any links to clubs, gig guides, sites i can keep an eye on as the date approaches would be nice?

for friday or saturday nights.

tausend dank!

Guest Iain C

My pal David recently spent a week in Berlin and spent a lot of time in bars from what I gather - he stole a Lucky Strike ash tray for me. I'll try and remember to get some recommendations if I speak to him later!

Oh yeah, you can still smoke in bars so that's something to look forward to

But check out Watergate

tripadvisor reviews imply it's hard to get in here if you're a) not german... or b) in a large group of guys.

i'm going on a stag do.

try Berghain then

berlin life.com...

Touted by many as the best club in Berlin, Berghain is definitely not for asthmatic, weedy types who were always trying to skip gym. In this industrial-style warehouse club you'll find the hardest of Berlin's hardcore pushing squares 'til way past breakfast time. The beats are relentless, the atmosphere hedonistic... And the crowd? Well you're never quite sure if the menacing, bare-chested toyboys are scowling at you, or eyeing you up. Upstairs in the Panorama bar, things are very slightly more civilized - but not much. A friendly crowd processes packets of chemicals into buckets of sweat way into the following day!

sweet!

Guest dese manz hatin

tbh my mention of Berghain was not really a serious recommendation... it's said to be among the best clubs in the world, but the door staff are fucking hardcore... they tend to send more people away than they let in.

Also, most clubs just don't like turkish/arab looking people i think. Racism in clubs is a big problem here due to all the immigrants (especially turks) causing so much trouble, so they might just have a problem with immigrants not with foreigners?

there did seem to be a lot of disgruntled italian/spanish types on the review site i read.

i am/look white so maybe i'll be fine... can't believe this racist shit though.

also these places seem a bit 'superclub'.... can you recommend anywhere smaller, intimate, discerning idm/alternative electronic music type places?

Guest dese manz hatin

I've actually never been to Berlin for intense partying so I only know of a few clubs like Icon etc... We're planning on going in June for a weekend though.. mostly for electro, but as you're going in July I may be able to give you some tips by then

Guest 277: 930-933
there did seem to be a lot of disgruntled italian/spanish types on the review site i read.

i am/look white so maybe i'll be fine... can't believe this racist shit though.

also these places seem a bit 'superclub'.... can you recommend anywhere smaller, intimate, discerning idm/alternative electronic music type places?

Berghain is very intimate.

Very.

Archived