IGNORED

hallucinating for no reason?

Guest my usernames always really suck

the only time i hallucinated was after 4 days of no sleep coming off snorting speed(yeah gross i know)...so anyways my family and i took a trip to yosemite and i swore i saw moutain lions across the river watching (which there were) but then i hallucinated that they were on our balcony

yeah my parents really believed i wasnt on drugs lol

Are you sure you weren't playing FarCry 2, stoned?

I don't play shitty games.

When I spend too long trying to fall asleep in the night, reaching that very tired state, every sound I can think of becomes audible. I can listen to a whole song, I've done it before. I literally can not distinguish it from the real thing, I suppose I have an audiographic memory then.

Multiple times I have been confused in the very early morning by repetitive sounds in my room (like clicks and thumps, I have no idea what they are) and in my half-awake state I interpret them as something very strange. One morning I heard scratching sounds, and I figured very rational-seeming that there were Ravens in my room, on my dresser. I woke up completely, thinking nothing weird of Ravens in my room....until I actually went back and thought about it.

When I spend too long trying to fall asleep in the night, reaching that very tired state, every sound I can think of becomes audible. I can listen to a whole song, I've done it before. I literally can not distinguish it from the real thing, I suppose I have an audiographic memory then.

This shit happens to me too, but usually when I'm over-tired. Like when I'm so tired I can't fall asleep, when my brain wants to sleep but my heart doesn't want to calm down. While dozing off my mind might be improvising some kind of big-band 1920s style jazz music, just creating it out of the blue, and I honestly think "god damn I wish I was classically trained so I could scribble this down into sheet music and make it real". It's really good music, too.

Multiple times I have been confused in the very early morning by repetitive sounds in my room (like clicks and thumps, I have no idea what they are) and in my half-awake state I interpret them as something very strange. One morning I heard scratching sounds, and I figured very rational-seeming that there were Ravens in my room, on my dresser. I woke up completely, thinking nothing weird of Ravens in my room....until I actually went back and thought about it.

I found out sometimes those clicks are my bed frame, if I'm laying down a certain way, the vibrations from my heart beating are just enough to rattle something.

When I was a teenager I was convinced for a long time that some kind of large-mandible insect was living in my mattress.

Guest JohnTqs

This shit happens to me too, but usually when I'm over-tired. Like when I'm so tired I can't fall asleep, when my brain wants to sleep but my heart doesn't want to calm down. While dozing off my mind might be improvising some kind of big-band 1920s style jazz music, just creating it out of the blue, and I honestly think "god damn I wish I was classically trained so I could scribble this down into sheet music and make it real". It's really good music, too.

this was how "yesterday" by the beatles was written. Paul McCartney heard it in a dream and when he woke up he immediately wrote it down. There were no lyrics for it, just the guitar part. so for like half a year the beatles asked everyone they knew if they had heard that song because they didn't want to accidentally steal somebody's song, like Paul had just dreamed of a song he had heard on the radio. Well everyone said that they hadn't heard it so then the beatles wrote some lyrics and the rest is history. Good night children, story time is over.

If I haven't been sleeping well I start to see things.  Crow's wings flapping in the cement, children's heads in aquariums, dead bodies in gutters.  The way I distinguish the hallucinations is I usually know exactly what I saw before I got a good look at it, as opposed to glancing something and getting a better look to figure out what it was.

Archived