IGNORED

brighton

pcock

Guest Iain C

I've only been a handful of times but I've always found it really friendly, if full of irritating pseudo-hipster types in neon wayfarers. Certainly everyone involved with the whole Colour out of Space thing was very friendly, down to earth and accomodating for me and Dan C, offering sofas to crash on and breakfasts to eat despite not knowing us from Adam.

Plus I bought my sick bike there.

Obligatory gay Brighton image:

n606732709_739746_2161.jpg

Guest Iain C
Brighton kicks ass. I really, really want to move there.

I'm considering it if I can't find a job/place to live in London in the next few months...

if you spend your time worrying about whats pretentious and whos a poser then i can imagine you will get very sick of any place, depends what you make of it. i appreciate ive only been there for 3 days, but all i found was awesome, welcoming friendly people with a wicked sense of humour, plenty of random places full of music i thoroughly enjoy.

and technically i am a mildly pretentious hipster, when i was walking around on my own looking for people to hang out with, the first people i asked were people in twatty glasses and teeshirts listening to bassline house on crappy portable speakers, i and i experienced unrivalled success. and lots of acid.

you still not indulge in all this drug taking with your pals mess?

surely you can only move in such circles for so long before you also get stuck right in about it?

nope, never done anythin but weed and mushrooms. im quite happy to enjoy how fucked up other people are, enjoy the music, enjoy the conversation, and get pissed. theres a few drugs that people take that i dont enjoy being around, namely ketamine and cocaine, but people who take md, pills, psychs and speed are generally a buzz to be around, even if your not there with them exactly.

i tried weed, i smoked that every single day for six years solid, increasing the dosage exponentially to the point where i wasnt actually doing anything except smoking weed, i tried smoking, im now in a situation where quitting smoking seems like its going to the be the hardest thing ive ever done in my life, i can rape about 5 litres of vodka in a week just because its constantly fun, and if i could get mushroom on a regular basis i would be walking around in a psyched up daze for probably the rest of my life. i really cant see that trying something as incredible as mdma or as ridiculously easy to get as acid would be very good for my mental state in the long run.

also i get quite a quiet satisfaction from being 14 and hanging round witha few potheads, to eventually watching every single person i know succumb to the 'weed gets you into harder drugs' stereotype except for me. plus i have absolutely barrels of fun as it is.

yeah the vodka thing is getting to me a little bit, primarily because i dont actually get that drunk, i dont get hangover, and basically all the nasty side effects of drinking alcohol are starting to dissapear. i dunno. i got into drink much later than everyone else due to being an insane pothead, and even when i started at 17 i would only get pissed roughly twice a month. its literally only 2009 where i have started drinking an actual large amount of alcohol, and now while i might drink a litre of vodka every day from thursday to saturday, i then wont drink again until the thursday two weeks after that because ive got other shit to be doing.

im not sure what to make of it. i know for a fact im not experiencing any twinges of alcohol addiction because i can go for weeks at a time without even thinking about it, but when i pop out to a rave and some heavy bass starts wobbling my insides i just like to get a bit of ale down me. and then a bit rapidly becomes alot because its much cheaper to buy a litre from the offy and down it than pay 3.80 for a double in the club.

Archived