IGNORED

The "so today" thread

Guest abusivegeorge

talk to us, george...

that road is one that you don't want to get back on again, trust me. i don't know much about your situation but i will say that from these posts here, you've got a strong support system right here. if you any need help at all, just talk to us. don't do anything rash, you're better than this. wherever you may be, you're in my prayers, k?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest placidburp

Same, I have been PMing him a few times but not heard anything since his relapse. He did mention that LUDD is his brother in law, maybe he knows.

Recently saw an old friend pass after years battling the same demon as you George. It was such a shame for all of us who knew him and failed to recognize how bad his condition was earlier on. The first year or two it seemed like good fun, that he just liked to have a drink with his mates and pass the time. When help was finally sought like you he was already at that event horizon and presented with a decision. But that decision didn't end at the moment he said to himself that he was done drinking and unfortunately after a couple years of being clean and playing right he surrendered and his decision was voided and retroactively taken from him.

Stay strong george and for god sakes put the bottle down.

George, I don't know if posting this is a smart thing to do, but two days back, a lady who lived across the street passed away just like Drahken's friend because her liver broke. I heard she also drank way too much the past 20 years. She was a very nice woman, had a good sense of humour and always seemed very lively, it's a real shame, she was only in her 40s.

I did not make this up (why should I anyway) and I thought of your other thread, in which you seemed to be alright, when I heard about the neighbour. Just hang on, that's all I'm really saying. Hope the support from essines and the empathetic posts in this thread will help you accomplish sobriety soon.

Guest A/D

i confess i'm pretty worried about the guy. anyone know him well enough to ring him up or check on him?

Guest placidburp

Anyone heard anything from him yet? I just really hope he hasn't done anything stupid!

Guest countchocula
To call United Kingdom , you have to dial: 011 + 44 + City Area Code + Number you wish to call.

I found this from google and copy+pasted it. I am sorry if you have already tried this combo and it did not work. Also could you have the operator connect you directly? I am not being a smart ass, in the US you dial 0 for assistance. I really want to help you figure this out because I am sincerely worried about George.

Guest analogue wings

Essines Has Unlocked

DIALLNG THE PHONE

Achievement

1195445181899094722molumen_phone_icon.svg.med.png

Also, good shit George - hang in there

Guest hahathhat

i've never had serious addictive issues, only marginal ones. however, in my limited experience, i've found the best way to deal with it is to get involved in PROJECTS. things that require 100% of your brain, so you don't have any left over to fret about whatever you're trying to get away from. doesn't have to be "productive" either -- if i were kicking heroin or something i could see grand theft auto IV keeping me off the junk.

i've never had serious addictive issues, only marginal ones. however, in my limited experience, i've found the best way to deal with it is to get involved in PROJECTS. things that require 100% of your brain, so you don't have any left over to fret about whatever you're trying to get away from. doesn't have to be "productive" either -- if i were kicking heroin or something i could see grand theft auto IV keeping me off the junk.

thanks for the information, sincerely! but i don't think you fully grasp the scape of a full-onset case of addiction. If all it took were video games then life would be so easy.

Guest hahathhat

thanks for the information, sincerely! but i don't think you fully grasp the scape of a full-onset case of addiction. If all it took were video games then life would be so easy.

i guess i've never experienced beard withdrawl like you

Archived