IGNORED

Sam Rimi's new film

Guest thanksomuch

Guest countchocula
Did anyone else lol at the goat

So funny

I loved the goat scene. I am surprised no one other than me found the cat bit funny.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest countchocula

I know right? The scene at the parents with the mention of the cat was also hilarious.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

ahh fuck! the bloody nose scene was perfect absurd hilariousness! She sprays blood all over her desk and her boss, after wards with him asking "Did any get in my mouth?" with a face covered in blood and through all of this, that chump Stu walks by and steals her loan strategy....Ahh sweet sweet laughter

Omg Stu!

when i saw Stu in action it really reminded me of Mike Yanigita in Fargo.anybody remember that guy? And it makes me think both Sam Raimi and Joel & Ethan coen being friends and all and roomates in the past have some sort of running joke or fixation on passive aggressive manipulative asian men who are prone to crying

i see a lot of similarities and parallels in the Coen bros movies & Sam Raimi's probably because they were the two first filmmakers i got into.

fargo-top-11-yanagita.jpg

sipaphotostwo379024-ca-drag-me-to-h.jpg

they look totally different, but have a strong similarity :angry:

edit: did anyone notice how the old lady's car was the same one Ash had in Evil dead 1,2, 3?

That car is in EVERY Sam Raimi film. Its Uncle bens car in Spider-man 1,2,3, Its the blokes car in Darkman, its somewhere about in the gift, that car has made more cameos that bruce campbell!

edit: did anyone notice how the old lady's car was the same one Ash had in Evil dead 1,2, 3?

That car is in EVERY Sam Raimi film. Its Uncle bens car in Spider-man 1,2,3, Its the blokes car in Darkman, its somewhere about in the gift, that car has made more cameos that bruce campbell!

woah i guess i didn't notice because the car wasn't so beat up in those movies, that's great.

read this in an interview of his with the title 'dark knight upped the ante'

Raimi said the break he took to make the smaller "Drag Me to Hell" has refreshed him for the return to Spidey, adding that he wanted to "take some of the more modest approach I've learned from this film into the `Spider-Man' film. I think it's exactly what it needs."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...bKV_fAD98F67I00

OK I just got back from seeing this. Most fun I've had at a film for years. Go see this film, then see it again

"I am proud woman, you make me... beg?!"

Brilliant, me and my mates will be drunkenly quoting that for a while to come

fucking Stu! Haha, what a douche

i too saw it tonight.. and there is a subtle sub plot about i being about being fat.

i dont know if its been brought up in this thread, but it a solid idea about what goes on

read it yourself, obviosuly contains spoilers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127180/board/nest/139721787?p=1

Did anyone else laugh when it revealed the graveyard? Brilliant self-awareness, I don't think they could have created a more cliched setting if they tried!

at one point in the graveyard scene just as she comes back up out the water after getting ko'd re-inacted the evildead cinema poster

see

evildead.jpg

saw this tonight, it great fun to watch, multiple lols were had. its everything a horror movie should be.

only bit i didnt like was the very very ending, it was obvious something like that would happen but it still upset me. eternal damnation isnt nice :'(

the whole movie redeemed itself when it killed the bitch. i mean they wouldn't kill justin long and i kept wishing him such a horrible death, i mean, has anyone else noticed that he's practically a savant at playing douchebags?!@ it's fucking amazing. dude deserved death and i thought the bitch might've gotten away with it but when she got hers i was like "yep. that redeemed the whole movie"

MY NAME IS JAMES AND I LIKE TO PLAY WITH SQUIRRELS IN TRAFFIC.

One thing I didn't like was 2 bits of fucking awful CG -

the eyes and goo popping out onto the girls face after she drops an anvil on the gypsys head, and the whole finale - her face changing as she got sucked in and burnt looked dire

i think the shitty CGI perhaps complimented the film - sort of camp and obvious in the old style prosthetic vein.

Hmm, yeah maybe. Bad CG just looks jarringly shit though, those bits totally brought me out of the movie. As, come to think of it, as did the fucking idiot projectionist, who turned the lights up halfway through the main part of the rail station scene.

Guest Wall Bird
only bit i didnt like was the very very ending, it was obvious something like that would happen but it still upset me. eternal damnation isnt nice :'(

Oh man, I was getting so pumped during this film. I was gonna flip out if she didn't go to hell.

Sini, I have no idea where you got the impression that Justin Long's character was a douchebag. He was arguably the nicest person and levelheaded person in the entire film. If you think that character is a douche then you may be in need of some serious perspective.

Also, some of you worry too much about the quality of CGI in films. If it fulfills it's purpose in conveying part of a scene then it's fine with me if it has some imperfections.

Sini, I have no idea where you got the impression that Justin Long's character was a douchebag. He was arguably the nicest person and levelheaded person in the entire film. If you think that character is a douche then you may be in need of some serious perspective.

woah really?

Guest Wall Bird

woah really?

Yep. The only fault I could see is him being pretty submissive towards his mother. Now that I think about it, there was the scene at the fortune tellers' which is a bit subjective, was that what you guys thought? Am I forgetting something else?

Other point, I loved the actor who played the fortune teller. I thought he was perfectly cast.

Archived