IGNORED

"Man on the street" reaction to shooting

Guest Space Coyote

From the complete absence of Aborigine people in the media

i'm sure that's true but when i watched that video up there, the australian advert before it had an Aborigine accent voice-over

it's disgusting though the way that skank was talking... sad but i think these people are still in the majority.

I guess it begs the question of how accurately she was quoting these guys

didn't she say something like...

"and there was 2 wogs there, 1 fat wog and one skinny wog, and the fat wog said 'bla blah blah' and the skinny wog said 'mu mu mu' etc"

... or something like that. it wasn't her quoting that contained the racial slur it was her description. i'm not watching it again to check, but that's how i remember it.

Guest Space Coyote

In Australia I consider the word 'wog' to be slang at worst. I'd like to cite the following precedent 118495-large.jpg

after immediately being pretty shocked by her wog this wog that statement, am i right in thinking that "wog" when referring to italians/greeks or whatever is no more racist than say "paddys" or "jocks" for irish and scots?

because "wog" for blacks is seemingly a lot more offensive than "wog" for greeks or "paddys" for irish

but then maybe that is purely cause of the cultural historical connotations viewed in the light of years of overcompensating political correctness in th ewake of british racist 70s culture etc

cause i have a bit of a problem with me not being able to say "paki" which, when stripped of any connotations of malicious intent, is nothing more or less than an abbreviation of "pakistani"

why is it that PC wankers can criticise the use of the word paki, but also slag off yanks (politically acceptable racism)

and refer to paddys, micks, jocks, etc....

is telling a black joke any worse than telling a blonde joke ?

Guest bitroast

i dunno. i think it can still be offensive, depending on whos saying it/context of how its said, but for the most part its taken pretty lightly.

i'm still pretty sure i've never really heard anyone refer to someone as a wog as casually as she did in that street interview. she could've gone with "there were two fully sicks". they sounded fairly full sick.

Guest EDGEY

I think this is the first time I heard the word "wog", and immediately thought "why is everyone so upset over someone saying 'wog'"?

Archived