IGNORED

Kaspar Hauser - Jeder für sich und Gott gegen alle

Guest EDGEY

Guest EDGEY

I watched this over the weekend on Netflix, really enjoyed it. Thought since alot of you speak highly of Werner Herzog, you might recommend some other similar films.

Guest dese manz hatin
Aguirre the wrath of God

Funny thread as I just watched this film (Aguirre) yesterday.

Definitely this, one of my all-time favourites

Stroszek is my favorite film of all time. It also stars Bruno S from Kaspar Hauser.

Love Stroszek. Been meaning to watch Kaspar Hauser, Bruno S is so strange to watch. I understand he's got serious issues, read some trivia that sometimes he required hours of screaming before shooting or something like that? He just seems completely bewildered sometimes.

I have Kaspar Hauser, I think I'll watch it soon.

Stroszek is my favorite film of all time. It also stars Bruno S from Kaspar Hauser.

Love Stroszek. Been meaning to watch Kaspar Hauser, Bruno S is so strange to watch. I understand he's got serious issues, read some trivia that sometimes he required hours of screaming before shooting or something like that? He just seems completely bewildered sometimes.

Check out this link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/25/arts/design/25abroad.html

I feel like I may have posted this here somewhere, but this is a proper thread to do it for.

The article catches up with Bruno in Berlin and shows roughly what his life is like today.

There is also recent video of him playing his accordion and singing.

I love that guy.

Check out this link...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/25/arts/design/25abroad.html

I feel like I may have posted this here somewhere, but this is a proper thread to do it for.

The article catches up with Bruno in Berlin and shows roughly what his life is like today.

There is also recent video of him playing his accordion and singing.

I love that guy.

Quality article! Cheers!

herz aus glas

Mos def.

Herzog hypnotized the cast to get the right performances in this one.

Also check out his docs, "Land of Silence and Darkness" and "The Great Ecstasy of Sculptor Steiner".

Guest spike

it is so hard to recommend Herzog films, since most are absolutely wonderful,, he is a master! i tend to recommend in groups or series with him,, like a four of five film marathon. i've seen almost all of them, and only have been bored with one, Death for five voices ,,, which is a doc about a psychotic composer. but of all that have been quite stunning, I would say that Wheel of Time, the Dark Glow of the Mountains, Where the Green Ants Dream and Bells from the Deep would be a good place to venture towards. but really anything you can get your hands on,, Little Dieter Needs to Fly, Wings of Hope, The Ballad of the Little Solider, God's Angry Man , Nosferatu the Vampyre, and of course FITZCARALDO !!!! (not mentioning the ones already listed above of course)

how many threads have we had like this?

After Aguirre, I recommend going back to some of his first released films, Signs of Life and Even Dwarves Started Small. Both are great. Fitzcarraldo is also very good, if a bit bloated.

Archived