IGNORED

worst thing about summer

Guest boo

mosquitoes. this year i've been killing them barehanded, because trying to get a tissue or whatever usually ends up with them not being dead. not sure what i'm doing wrong, but 3 times they haven't died from one hit, even though i get blood on my hand. one was attached to my right hand, alive and twitching, blood on the other hand.. the blood was really sticky, took a bit of scrubbing to remove. but yea, the thing about mosquitoes is they can't wait til you're asleep before they go for your blood, and fly by your friggin ear (idiots), that keeps you awake and also means they don't get their blood

i choose...

-increased testicle humidity.

-having to wear sun cream.

both those inspired a post in the best thing about summer thread

Guest abusivegeorge

I sympathise with you Tauboo but you clearly haven't got the jib to cut the jab with them, you need to be more powerful, let them know where they stand, talk them down then POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER.

Anyway I choose: sweaty curries, you can't eat a curry in the summer because you end up turning into a whiny pussy baby "I can't eat that it's too hot for this weather" fuck you englishman and eat.

i think i've only been on the london underground in autumn/winter

Count yourself lucky.

They even put posters up now to remind you to take a bottle of water if you're going on the tube in the summer, since the last heatwave when motherfuckers were dying and shit

Guest Iain C

I will do anything to avoid the tube at the best of times, but in the summer I'd rather walk from Charlton to Wimbledon across broken glass. Not that we have a tube stop here anyway, lol. Buses and trains are far more enjoyable anyway.

Guest countchocula
i think i've only been on the london underground in autumn/winter

Count yourself lucky.

They even put posters up now to remind you to take a bottle of water if you're going on the tube in the summer, since the last heatwave when motherfuckers were dying and shit

Damn, how hot does it get down there?

Guest Iain C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_cooling

In summer, temperatures on parts of the London Underground can become very uncomfortable due to its deep and poorly ventilated tube tunnels: temperatures as high as 47°C (116 °F) were reported in the 2006 European heat wave.[1] Posters may be observed on the Underground network advising that passengers carry a bottle of water to help keep cool.[2]

It's bloody awful.

Buses :omg: ? At least the tubes arrive on time!

What? Tubes have a timetable?

What's the temperature like in Summer on other subway systems? French Metro, New York Subway anyone?

Guest abusivegeorge

You know what I meant :tongue: , I've never waited longer than 3 minutes (at a guess) for a tube.

Hay fever, without question.

My allergies are killing me right now. It looks like we might get some lightning storms - hopefully the rain will wash all the pollen out of the air.

Our 100°F+ weather sucks too.

You know what I meant :tongue: , I've never waited longer than 3 minutes (at a guess) for a tube.

Oh then you've never lived!

Luckily I don't really HAVE to take the tube that much, apart from the odd trip to Hammersmith from Moorgate I walk my London trips. Usually from Moorgate to Embankment, which is a nice 35 minute walk, only slightly longer than the circle line takes anyway.

My allergies are killing me right now. It looks like we might get some lightning storms - hopefully the rain will wash all the pollen out of the air.

have you tried eating locally produced honey? it really works

have you tried eating locally produced honey? it really works

I think I have some in my house. I'll try that - thanks!

Archived