IGNORED

photoshop experts

keltoi

thanks for your efforts... i like bits of both your ideas but it's kind of what my dad had in mind that i'm trying to get...

taxman - can you try larger areas of transparency? almost half of the top and bottom of the pictures, gradually fading more transparent towards the bottom (or top)... that way you can get it to the dimensions/proportions that joyrex is suggesting (6 x 9). i think he's after a subtle blue hue/filter strongest across the central pic and fading towards the top and bottom of the book... he showed me an example but i can't find one on google now. i think you're right about the gates and the order you chose.

i agree that the pics don't really lend themselves brilliantly to what he wants... i tried to persuade him to just pick one suitable image.

maybe try blending just 2 of them? the building and the cairn i think might work better. they are most important to feature.. he'll be open to suggestion if it looks better and he's got plenty time for revisions.

cheers again!

I think I understand what you're talking about now... he wants a 'tint' of blue to cover the images, and fade towards the top and bottom...

thanks for your efforts... i like bits of both your ideas but it's kind of what my dad had in mind that i'm trying to get...

taxman - can you try larger areas of transparency? almost half of the top and bottom of the pictures, gradually fading more transparent towards the bottom (or top)... that way you can get it to the dimensions/proportions that joyrex is suggesting (6 x 9). i think he's after a subtle blue hue/filter strongest across the central pic and fading towards the top and bottom of the book... he showed me an example but i can't find one on google now. i think you're right about the gates and the order you chose.

i agree that the pics don't really lend themselves brilliantly to what he wants... i tried to persuade him to just pick one suitable image.

maybe try blending just 2 of them? the building and the cairn i think might work better. they are most important to feature.. he'll be open to suggestion if it looks better and he's got plenty time for revisions.

cheers again!

I think I understand what you're talking about now... he wants a 'tint' of blue to cover the images, and fade towards the top and bottom...

aye. i think i explained it crappily.

taxman thanks i think that's as close as we can get with these pics. they're just not right for what he's trying to achieve. the example he showed me had a close up, intricate photo in the middle so it blended well with pics above and below which had large blank areas to fade. the picture he liked used a colour dominant in the central picture which was faded across the cover... i don't think these pictures are right for it.

Archived