IGNORED

abandoned elevated railway converted to park

Guest maantecaaa!!!

Guest maantecaaa!!!

This story gives me the warm fuzzies. An abandoned railway in nyc was up for consideration to be torn down and have a new development go up in it's place. 2 guys with no experience in city planning went to city meetings to council meetings to suggest that it be turned into an elevated park instead. after 5 years, they actually did it. To open up that much green space in such an urban city where the land is probably worth probably hundreds of million dollars is an amazing achievement (IMO).

railway park

This story gives me the warm fuzzies. An abandoned railway in nyc was up for consideration to be torn down and have a new development go up in it's place. 2 guys with no experience in city planning went to city meetings to council meetings to suggest that it be turned into an elevated park instead. after 5 years, they actually did it. To open up that much green space in such an urban city where the land is probably worth probably hundreds of million dollars is an amazing achievement (IMO).

railway park

Wow! It looks sweet! I've been waiting a long time for it to open, too. It looks like they had some incredible design sense. I'm glad they fused new ideas with the pre-existing conditions. Very clever and attractive. I wish I would have snuck up there when it was still an abandoned railway. Then again, you never know... I may have gotten raped up there.

Guest assegai

inhabitat-team.jpg

Hipsters never waste an opportunity.----------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^

Guest tronicphace

I'm gonna check this place out next week...prolly start at the meatpacking district end

Archived