IGNORED

ATP Film/Concert - Anyone Going?

stephen1966

Is anyone planning on going to this:

http://ourtrueintent.com/

I've thought about it and know that if i don't i'll regret it. I just can't see the "secret Scottish headliners" being BoC though.

If anyone goes and it is them, smuggle in a decent recording system down your bills and stand well away from annoying people who can't not speak for more than 5 seconds.

Guest Otto Krat

FUCK, what is that? Are they really trying to turn us mad? First, "unheard tracks" to be released on 20 years box, now that.

And in the end, "Trapped" and My Bloody Valentine. Wait. They're irish? (Dunno any other scottish musicians than boc)

Guest plazzTT

I think I read Fredd-E saying that he was contacted by ATP and asked to add info about this to his bocpages.org

I'd say at the very least, you'll get to see video of BoC playing live :)

I think I read Fredd-E saying that he was contacted by ATP and asked to add info about this to his bocpages.org

I'd say at the very least, you'll get to see video of BoC playing live :)

That is correct. source

I was contacted by someone from atpfestival.com to add some news about their event. It's at least a little bit boc releated because boc features in their film. And if they do happen to be the top-secret scottisch act then it's a lot boc related! ;) ETA 7 days.

Guest plazzTT

Seems odd they'd ask you to add this if it's "just" some BoC footage in the film (I realise that there's no publicly known video footage of Boards of Canada until now, so this is big news in that sense).

I've a good feeling about this.....

Guest phaelam

http://www.atpfestival.com/Events/UKFilmPr...w/EventInfo.php

"All Tomorrow’s Parties is a kaleidoscopic journey into the parallel musical universe of the cult music festival of the same name." ha ha ha ;)

subtle hints dropped in the article?

i wish theyd quit being all hush hush and just say who it is. id buy a ticket to fly out for that show IF it were the BoC.

if i got there and it was mogwai [ive seen too many times] id be choked.

Bollocks to it. I've bought a ticket.

There's no other Scottish band i know of that's "secretive" but i'm sure it's just a ploy to put bums on seats. It's gonna set me back about £100 to travel from Liverpool (inc. ticket), which aint a problem cos i'd pay twice that to see them, but i'll be pissed off if it's Teenage Fanclub, Orange Juice, Primal Scream or Simple chuffin' Minds.

Beta Band were cool though.

All i need now is a decent, small, recording device but i expect to be strip searched on arrival!!

Guest phaelam

when i say "buy a ticket" im talking plane ticket from Los Angeles.

long way to go only to find its not who youre flying over for.

added:

maybe they'll record it off the board and make it available.

the scottish act is very likely going to be Mogwai, source: http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90255#90255

bollox :-/

hmm, i know it's been discussed earlier - but the mogwai myspace site ( http://www.myspace.com/mogwai ) has - 24 Jun 2009 20:00 SECRET SHOW

hmm, it would be nice if at least someone could confirm!

I'll go anyway but it kinda pisses you right off, all the rumours and shit to draw you in.

At the end of the day, Mogwai tour. Mogwai announce dates. Why the "secret Scottish act" bollocks.

Why can't mdg (or whoever) just say "It aint BoC". Come on guys, recession and all that shit. As well as two days off work, it's costing me £20 for the ticket, £60 for the train and £40 for digs. There's probably fans flying in on the off chance it's them.

Could be a double bluff, but then i guess Mogwai fans who've bought tickets will be pissed off.

Could be a double bluff, but then i guess Mogwai fans who've bought tickets will be pissed off.

It's lame on so many different levels. Warp films claim it to be a top-secret scottish act. Generally speaking there's nothing top-secret about Mogwai at all. Also they're indeed touring right now, so no big surprise there!

And if it's supposed to be a secret, why on eath is Mogwai putting it on their event list with the exact same date. Kinda blows the whole surprise right there. Stupid!

Guest phaelam

if it was mogwai wouldnt they have said 'super secret super played out scotish band'?

boc is kinda like warps golden ticket. theyll dangle that out there every chance they get it seems.

oh there is some boc footage in the ATP trailer video....right after the beared guy near the end. theres one frame of washed out colours HA HA HA HA.

if boc play, and we werent informed, and i miss that one op to see them....ill be pertty pissed. hell, get the gas can and flame my vinyl. whats the point...holding out for so long, and now this shit.

weak.

Guest plazzTT

Looks like the secret act is definately Mogwai, confirmed by one of the other acts playing on the night.

Still lookin' forward to a review from someone of BoC's bit in the movie.

Until it's confirmed/denied by either band then there is still hope.

You never know, they may be in on it together and i'm sure if BoC had no intentions of playing a spokesperson for the band would say so. Mogwai certainly haven't confirmed it's them.

I still believe and will be there, at the front, as they launch into 1969.

And if they're not, i'll be at Warp 20 in Sheffield!!!

Guest plazzTT

A post on Twoism says that the movie just has a 20-30 seconds clip of the first track from the ATP 2001 set. The credits call it "Echus"

Just got back from Edinburgh and yes, it was Mogwai. Who rocked loudly, if a bit repetitively.

The film itself was a bit disappointing too, not enough emphasis on the music. BoC's Echus is, at most, a 20 second snippet at the end of the movie before the credits.

Ah well, shit happens. Here's to the next rumour.

Archived