IGNORED

naps after work are scary

essines

if i sleep during the day or fall asleep after waking up in the morning i get incredibly intense dreams... not exactly nightmares but you wake up with a sense of unease.

actually, scrap that, i got the worst nightmare ever after falling asleep again at noon. worst dream ive ever had, not terrifying just deeply and intrinsically unsettling. sort of chris cunningham going cold turkey from crack with an underlying theme of sexual repulsion. for a good 4 hours after it i was traumatised.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to wake up to weird al's "white and nerdy" and ween's 21 second "where'd the cheese go" intermittently until my old phone died.

i hate my phone just for the fact that it wakes me up every god damned morning for work.

also i feel quite alright now, after my nap. but i'll bet in like an hour i'll be shitty tired again. i can't cuddle with my girlfriend cause i tend to fall asleep.

fuck my life.

Guest abusivegeorge
i used to wake up to weird al's "white and nerdy" and ween's 21 second "where'd the cheese go" intermittently until my old phone died.

i hate my phone just for the fact that it wakes me up every god damned morning for work.

also i feel quite alright now, after my nap. but i'll bet in like an hour i'll be shitty tired again. i can't cuddle with my girlfriend cause i tend to fall asleep.

fuck my life.

To be fair mate, if your phone broke, and you ended up being consistently late for work, and ended up losing your job, you'd be a hell of a lot more fucked off with your fone than you are now, lol.

I have an alarm set on my phone but it's not loud enough to wake me. So, I use a regular alarm clock but I have to set it across the room otherwise I turn the alarm off, roll over and go back to sleep with no memory of my alarm going off.

Guest joshier
i got home from work about an hour ago and wound up setting my alarm for half an hour and dozing off. when my alarm went off and woke me up i could have sworn it was my boss calling me to tell me i was 3 hours late (the sun was up and bright and i am supposed to work at 5am tomorrow). i then noticed there was music coming from my computer and i was alone on the futon in my living room. so i immediately thought i did something real bad like got drunk or hit my girlfriend or probably both. then i looked at the time at it was 4pm and i lolled softly to myself and cracked a beer.

seriously though, i don't want to nap after work because this kind of shit gives me immense stress issues. come to think of it, everytime i wake up i figure i have to get up/am late for work. my life sucks.

I think I've probably had that in the past.

My boss used to be like that, he not so long ago was trying to sack me so he had to find excuses to. When you're in that position it can be extremely stressful.

I've had many dreams where I've had arguments with him, or I've been late, or I'll wake up 3 hours before I have to wake up in a panic because I think I'm late etc.

I know this is blatant but sounds like you need a different job. Fancy being a salesmen for me? You get commission.

Guest joshier
if i sleep during the day or fall asleep after waking up in the morning i get incredibly intense dreams... not exactly nightmares but you wake up with a sense of unease.

actually, scrap that, i got the worst nightmare ever after falling asleep again at noon. worst dream ive ever had, not terrifying just deeply and intrinsically unsettling. sort of chris cunningham going cold turkey from crack with an underlying theme of sexual repulsion. for a good 4 hours after it i was traumatised.

You should talk with a professional psychologist. They are usually really good at finding problems. It's one of the fields of study that is actually quite thoroughly researched, in my opinion.

Not taking the piss either.

i got home from work about an hour ago and wound up setting my alarm for half an hour and dozing off. when my alarm went off and woke me up i could have sworn it was my boss calling me to tell me i was 3 hours late (the sun was up and bright and i am supposed to work at 5am tomorrow). i then noticed there was music coming from my computer and i was alone on the futon in my living room. so i immediately thought i did something real bad like got drunk or hit my girlfriend or probably both. then i looked at the time at it was 4pm and i lolled softly to myself and cracked a beer.

seriously though, i don't want to nap after work because this kind of shit gives me immense stress issues. come to think of it, everytime i wake up i figure i have to get up/am late for work. my life sucks.

My boss used to be like that, he not so long ago was trying to sack me so he had to find excuses to. When you're in that position it can be extremely stressful.

I've had many dreams where I've had arguments with him, or I've been late, or I'll wake up 3 hours before I have to wake up in a panic because I think I'm late etc.

I know this is blatant but sounds like you need a different job. Fancy being a salesmen for me? You get commission.

i don't think it's the job, i feel like that with most jobs. usually it's not as severe. i enjoy my job but then again i'd rather sleep in.

Guest abusivegeorge

You should talk with a professional psychologist. They are usually really good at finding problems. It's one of the fields of study that is actually quite thoroughly researched, in my opinion.

You're right there, I complained about this problem to my GP, When I first detoxed from the alcohol I had what they call Delirium Tremens, this is all to do with going through the withdrawal, immensly vivid dreams, fucked up ones, but they never left me I still have them now. It's all to do with the fact I've completely fucked my brain through alcohol consumption, not to mention addiction is a mental illness anyway. So yeah it's a problem worth checking out, I am on anti-depressants now, which not only help with my mood, they also help combat the semi-conscious delerium I experience everytime I try to sleep (and I never actually FALL asleep, I lay awake in constant delerium for hours). But usually states of mind and body like this are caused by a problem somewhere, that can usually be fixed if you go and have some treatment for it (assuming this occurs very regularly? Which it shouldn't).

Guest joshier

i don't think it's the job, i feel like that with most jobs. usually it's not as severe. i enjoy my job but then again i'd rather sleep in.

To prevent sleep-ins - open your curtains fully wide. I found that really helps.

Guest joshier
You're right there, I complained about this problem to my GP, When I first detoxed from the alcohol I had what they call Delirium Tremens, this is all to do with going through the withdrawal, immensly vivid dreams, fucked up ones, but they never left me I still have them now. It's all to do with the fact I've completely fucked my brain through alcohol consumption, not to mention addiction is a mental illness anyway. So yeah it's a problem worth checking out, I am on anti-depressants now, which not only help with my mood, they also help combat the semi-conscious delerium I experience everytime I try to sleep (and I never actually FALL asleep, I lay awake in constant delerium for hours). But usually states of mind and body like this are caused by a problem somewhere, that can usually be fixed if you go and have some treatment for it (assuming this occurs very regularly? Which it shouldn't).

If you can buy into something that you can believe will cure, go for it. I believe most problems can be fixed if they are related to your mind - It's not a brick or a broken leg. Obviously there are limitations but I feel that if you were once much better, you can get to that state again with enough anti-fuckedupness.

Underlining point though, you'll only find what you're looking for, so just always remember that.

Personally I think a shrink/psychologist may help & it's worth a try anyway.

If something interrupts the early stages of a nap, like if phone goes off ten minutes into sleeping, my hands start to shake a lot, and my heart pounds hard and fast, and I feel extremely anxious for a while. It's some weird flight/fight response I figure. Anyone else get this?

Guest abusivegeorge

If you can buy into something that you can believe will cure, go for it. I believe most problems can be fixed if they are related to your mind - It's not a brick or a broken leg. Obviously there are limitations but I feel that if you were once much better, you can get to that state again with enough anti-fuckedupness.

Underlining point though, you'll only find what you're looking for, so just always remember that.

Personally I think a shrink/psychologist may help & it's worth a try anyway.

Thats absolutely true, the mind is tricked into a lot of things bad, so it can be turned around to be tricked into thinking good things and using them to your advantage, addiction for example is the only disease that tells the brain we don't have it, so if you can condition your mind to the use tools given to you, to work around that process, then yeah it's well worth a try. With regards to "you'll only get what you're looking for", basically I find that you will only get out of your will what you put into it.

BTW I wasn't being a dick in your film thread, it's just that I have studied media and film and it was just the way jefferoo highlighted your last sentence, because directors do not tell the story lol, I kind of knew what you meant, but it was funny is all.

Guest abusivegeorge
If something interrupts the early stages of a nap, like if phone goes off ten minutes into sleeping, my hands start to shake a lot, and my heart pounds hard and fast, and I feel extremely anxious for a while. It's some weird flight/fight response I figure. Anyone else get this?

Yep, I always put that down to being an anxiety sufferrer though, it's like a mild anxiety attack almost.

To prevent sleep-ins - open your curtains fully wide. I found that really helps.

but i like sleeping in. i'd rather not wake up until i'm ready. this is the problem. i don't want to prevent them.

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

I use 4 alarm clocks everyday. Two across the room, one near where i sleep, and the fourth in a sort of randomized location. I also have an automated wake up call. All this and I still can't wake up on time.

nah, i think its better to tell watmm and let them fix it. basically it was some skinny pallid rotting rubber johnny type creature with no jaw (lolling tongue) and sort of flaps of skin for tits. the vagina was a curdled quagmire of fetor and decay. which i was fucking.

usaully my bad dreams are your standard concepts of fear or anxiety. this however was purely visceral and aesthetic. what does it mean?

yes.

true. it's even painful if i'm tired.

i had many morning moments of plain confusion... when i woke up thinking i'm late, trying to understand the view at the clock... it's like your body has some bootstrap start program, a BIOS or some electrons got lost in RAMs; you know to look at the clock, but the main software is still starting up, so you look at those figures like they're being alien hieroglyphs.

I always had Pigeon Street as my ringtone when I got a call from work. I also still have it as my alarm clock song, kind of started to loathe it as it makes me nervous everytime I hear it.

i used to often get sleep paralysis when napping.

but yea, true about the intense and vivid nap dreams. this afternoon i dreamt that i'd become a Lahmacun (Turkish pizza) street vendor and set up directly opposite a Turkish restaurant. despite our Lahmacun being unauthentic with a doughy aftertaste, we were stealing most of their business. i ended up being dragged by the owner to his back garden, where he attempted to tie me up, i stabbed him with a kitchen knife. his wife turned up and tried to strangle me. then i escaped, ran and bought some whisky.

oh my god, that must be hell, haven't experienced anything scarier than sleep paralysis I think

still get that now and again. wake up stuck and unable to move but once it passes i chuckle at my state.

sleep is amazing for me. i love it.

naps between sleeps are the best, wake up from a sleep and have a nice banger then have a nap. superb, always have the best dreams then. (sunday is the best day for this, especialy with the noise of the f1 grand prix in the background)

dreams are great as long as they are not nightmares. although i do wake up feeling shit but after ten mins i have a laugh at the sheer obsurdity of them.

does this mean i have issues?..... who cares, i am still alive so it's all sound.

Archived