IGNORED

Any way to get track names

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

I had a hard drive crash a few monthes ago and I was able to recover most of my muisc but the files all came back with alphanumeric names like 03C1E45F.mp3.

Itunes found most of the ID3 tags but some songs have no tag, is there any way to get the track names?

Guest Adjective

i'm not sure but thought there was some sort of audio search available. maybe i daydreamed that

Are you trying to rip files off an ipod ?

Anyway, if you're trying to get track names, shouldn't your track you recovered just give you that? If you recover them, they are intact, no?

Unless you uh, had no file info to start with...

Guest Thisket

you might could try one of those phonelines/phone apps where you play the song for a bit and it recognizes it, but only for popular music

Guest Enter a new display name

Use the iPhone app that allows you to recognize songs with the micro. I doubt their database contains anything other than pop and indie rock, though.

I've had the same thing happen to me. I had all my recovered MP3's and FLAC's recovered in one huge folder with random filenames and no folder structure. Most of the tags survived though and all the tracks that had no tags were corrupted (skipping before reaching full length.) Tags are part of the file itself so if your tags are missing the file has probably been damaged in other places as well. Unless they were untagged to begin with.

Guest Fishtank

I figured they had no tags to begin with so I guess the best way would be with that fancy listening app

also some of the files were mashed together so I get to the end of a song and another random song begins within the same file and cuts off in the middle, reorganizing everything has been a bitch

Guest Fishtank

believe me I've been tagging everything in my playlist

and I have album covers for everything

I'll check Winamp, see if it comes up with anything different

Guest nene multiple assgasms

in foobar I right click, go to tagging, then get tags with freedb. I only ever do it with all the tracks of an album selected, though.

Guest Otto Krat
Use the iPhone app that allows you to recognize songs with the micro. I doubt their database contains anything other than pop and indie rock, though.

It recognizes Autechre, Boc and aphex twin. But that's all for IDM.

Guest Mr Salads

It recognizes Autechre, Boc and aphex twin. But that's all for IDM.

Not true its recognized a bunch of esoteric electronic for me

Guest IRARI
Yeah there's software like MediaMonkey that will tag not only from CDDB/freedb but amazon.com and other places too

i use mp3tag to do this

Archived