IGNORED

radio track id plz

kokoon

i went clothes shopping the other day, and the store had some radio playing, mostly tech/house dancy music. but there were some more electroish tracks also. and then came on a track, still obviously pretty commercially produced, but anyway showing a huge influence from afx's analord series. the drum machines, their programming and ofcourse all the synth lines.

and then i was to ikea two days ago and there was that track again, right after some mtv trash.

anyone?

i don't remember it so clearly, but it wasn't a very short track, there weren't any vocals...

the sound, unfortunately i can't say much more than "analordish". i'd say maybe 2 synth lines, a bass and a lead with a repeating pattern. probably. drum track not as simple as the usual commercial electro stuff, maybe more stuttery, i can't remember it that clearly. also, the speed was kinda housy-track like, cause it mixed from and to a housy track.

edit: it's a 4/4 tempo, but i think not exactly 4 to the floor.

Guest 277: 930-933

I have absolutely no idea, there's quite some new newwave popular electro in my collection as it's fun to play in dj sets but I wouldn't know where to begin...

Maybe you should go back to the clothes store and try to find out what they were playing?

If you're lucky they might have a compilation cd, if you're unlucky some internet stream that doesn't have tracklistings.

You could even call them up and just ask them where they get their music from.

Can you record yourself humming a melody?

damn. no, i can't - i can't remember the melody :(

ah well... i guess i'll have to wait and if it comes up again, try to record it with my cell or something.

no and no

but thanks anyway. you guys reckon these people all listened to (or at least heard) analords?

the track wasn't 4-to-the-floor, also i'm pretty sure there was no TB-303 in it.

Guest 277: 930-933

Or maybe a track of the new Prodigy album?

I've only heard it in passing so don't know if there's really any Analord influences but it sounded pretty decent from afar.

Archived