IGNORED

Fat Ninjas

kakapo

This thread is as racist as kakapo's avatar.

Your avatar is a ginger american version of my avatar.

*orders taxi to Camden*

Edit:For all my flippancy, there was a serious point to this thread. One of my 'clients' (I'm not a gigolo) oscillates between a full hijab and a simple head scarf, and I do find it significantly more difficult to communicate when she's covered up. There is a need to compensate for the lack of facial interaction which is disconcerting. You would think it would be as easy as speaking to someone on the phone. Maybe it's the self-consciousness of the situation.

And Enter..., I'm not taking your bait, but there is no difference between mocking the absurdity of this:

HijabREX_228x381.jpg

And this:

geordie.jpg

I'm a multi-culturalist (mmm, ethnic food shops) but I'm not a cultural pluralist.

Guest inteeliguntdesign
I'm a multi-culturalist (mmm, ethnic food shops) but I'm not a cultural pluralist.

the difference?

the difference?

Cultural pluralism suggests you can't make value judgements regarding different cultures.

Essentially, I want to eat curry while pompously berating Pakistanis for their treatment of women. But of course I can acknowledge that this dialogue works both ways, which prevents it from being the smug and only partly ironic right wing strop akin to Littlejohn or something. I hope.

guilty lol - when my 8 year old nephew came to stay in london for the first time i told him to keep an eye out for ninjas when we were driving through mile end/ bethnal green. he got dead excited and me and my sister were pissing ourselves. eventually i had to explain "sorry ____, theyre not really ninjas, theyre just oppressed women".

given all the media fuss though, its actually shocking when you hear a couple of teenage girls talking about normal teenage things in the london jafaican accent whilst wearing full hijabs - you somehow hold the impression that theyre going to be very docile, barely competent english speakers. its bullshit though.

on a pervy note - muslim women have decent lingerie. check out shepherds bush market for examples. tends to be 'modest' but figure hugging and very ornate. probably sold as 'night gowns' but you totally know whats up!

Archived