IGNORED

Varg Vikernes has been released

triachus

i assume some people have heard about the Mayhem/burzum story, since it's very notorious in the metal world

if not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes

Having served almost 16 years of a 21-year prison sentence, it was announced on March 10, 2009 that Vikernes would be released on parole. On May 22, 2009 Vikernes confirmed that he has been released.

i didn't knew he was released

he says he'll settle on a farm with his family

but i don't know about that, since the last time he stepped out of prison he did this:

In October 2003, Vikernes failed to return to his low-security prison in Tønsberg, Norway after having been granted a short leave. He was found riding in a stolen Volvo car, which, according to the media, contained an unloaded AG3 automatic rifle, a handgun, numerous large knives, a gas mask, camouflage clothing, a laptop, a compass, a Global Positioning System, various maps and a fake passport

crazy fucker

anyway, i still like this song a lot:

murderingnaziguy music, yay!

lol, right... i think he's learnt the lesson to say the least. he seems like a really cool guy now, i just hope he'll be able to put his life back together and manage to stay out of trouble. i imagine coming back and meeting the old friends and dealing with rabid fans/haters and all... dunno, could be difficult to keep on the right track.

Guest tv_party

keyboard in metal = cheesy as fuck. always. song is ok until that comes in.

keyboard in metal = cheesy as fuck. always. song is ok until that comes in.

lol nice try bud.

hvis lysett tar oss is probably his best release with filosofem being quite close to it, qualitywise.

back in 97 oder 98, when i still considered myself as being a black metaller :embrassed: (hey, i was 18), i met the singer from borknagar after a show... he asked me to buy him a beer (lol, i guess metallers are quite poor, even when semi-famous) and then he told me that he would kill vikernes as soon as he's released. everyone was saying this back then.

and this little story quite sums up what i think is so goddamned stupid about most of metallers, at least the ones from my hometown - they all take the metal-style of living so god-damned serious and have to show a certain amount of trueness to be accepted. its quite retarded - people who act contrary to what they really think and feel in order to be accepted by the rest of the bunch. how rebellious!

hm, maybe i just know the wrong ones...

and this little story quite sums up what i think is so goddamned stupid about most of metallers, at least the ones from my hometown - they all take the metal-style of living so god-damned serious and have to show a certain amount of trueness to be accepted. its quite retarded - people who act contrary to what they really think and feel in order to be accepted by the rest of the bunch. how rebellious!

yeah, that's pretty unfortunate. which is why i think it's a refreshing change to see a band like opeth or meshuggah who are pretty down to earth in comparison!

Archived