IGNORED

+ - post counter is the easily the best thing in the world

pcock

Guest abusivegeorge

it's the 80 percent that doesn't post that was doing it the whole time

time to take out the trash

;)

This and jealousy

this place is as much about being useful as it is about the lols. seeing as how that function gave us lols i think it's valid.

at the same time i'll probably forget about it by this time tomorrow until the meme starts.

+1 for truth. *jots it down*.

Guest my usernames always really suck

If the community was mature enough to use it to say, rate threads responsibly instead of petty digs against each other, then it would be incredibly useful.

Even if we were "mature enough", Mr. Maker Of Many Countless Threads About Farts And Poop, how exactly would it be useful? We've done just fine without post ratings all these years.

Why should anyone pay mind to what the rest of the community thinks about any given post? So a post is great... the user can reply to it and contribute further to the discussion. So a post is terrible... the user can ignore it or also contribute to the discussion. Either way, I'm not really interested in seeing what any given post's "plebiscite count" would be, because everyone elses' completely subjective like or dislike toward a post is entirely irrelevant to the content of what's inside the post itself.

And I've seen many forums implement this feature and never have seen it for the better: even in "mature" communities (like most programming forums, or a certain chess forum I won't name full of humorless assburger-syndrome hikikomori inhaler-breathers who are all deluded into thinking they're going to be the next Bobby Fischer), post ratings tend to degrade a good thread into high school-level drama and off-topic bickering where someone makes a well-thought-out post whose points happen to clash with the resident mob mentality's predominant worldview.

Guest JohnTqs

the cream keeps floating to the top, the drecks drop out of view in no time; no need to attach anymore valence. But having anything to do with maturity in the same room as WATMM is hilarious.

cream psh

that's what she said

lol

because cream

Guest abusivegeorge
But having anything to do with maturity in the same room as WATMM is hilarious. When the mere concept of docking can launch an entire compilation of music, it's pretty clear what we're dealing with.

Holy lol

Even if we were "mature enough", Mr. Maker Of Many Countless Threads About Farts And Poop, how exactly would it be useful? We've done just fine without post ratings all these years.

Why should anyone pay mind to what the rest of the community thinks about any given post? So a post is great... the user can reply to it and contribute further to the discussion. So a post is terrible... the user can ignore it or also contribute to the discussion. Either way, I'm not really interested in seeing what any given post's "plebiscite count" would be, because everyone elses' completely subjective like or dislike toward a post is entirely irrelevant to the content of what's inside the post itself.

And I've seen many forums implement this feature and never have seen it for the better: even in "mature" communities (like most programming forums, or a certain chess forum I won't name full of humorless assburger-syndrome hikikomori inhaler-breathers who are all deluded into thinking they're going to be the next Bobby Fischer), post ratings tend to degrade a good thread into high school-level drama and off-topic bickering where someone makes a well-thought-out post whose points happen to clash with the resident mob mentality's predominant worldview.

you play chess?

Archived