IGNORED

Mechwarrior 5

Guest tv_party

Guest tv_party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl4eI3htAuA&feature=player_embedded

MechWarrior 2009 Debut Gameplay Trailer, released Jul 9, 2009. Release Date: N/A Platform: PC Developer: Piranha Games

don't have any headphones or speakers at work but it looks pretty good and I used to play the pen and paper version a long time ago, so I recognized the atlas and warhammer.

That reminds me of the good old days of Mech Warrior 2 using a MS Sidewinder Pro. I had a great advantage over my friends because you could "twist" the joystick.

Worked great in Descent too when you could go sideways around another spaceship!

Guest tv_party

I'd believe that some is game play. I think a high end pc with multiple gpus could run something like that.

Guest Tony Danza

What's fun about it, though? It looks like you just shoot the other guy, hide behind a building, repeat.

nice, it looks like they've finally figured out how mech gameplay is supposed to work: slow fights with lots of suspense. it all comes down to getting the better position, and then landing a couple huge, well time bursts of fire.

especially fun in 4 vs 4 format, where you can team up some smaller, faster mechs against a bigger one.. try to take it out from both sides..

16by8uh.jpg

good old hunchback..

[youtubehd]v1m0LB_9vws[/youtubehd]

this was the best mech game ever. i've never played anything with such amazing team dynamics. probably my favorite "action" game of all time. and EA cancelled it before it got out of the public beta :(

I had this wicked setup for it, too...

Joystick 1: Directional Movement

Joystick 2: Throttle

Mouse: Aiming

Keyboard: Weapons and sometimes turning

It was crazy fun. Nothing quite like it. Throw the throttle into reverse, grab the mouse, line up the shot, fire everything, swing the mech around, hit the jump jets and get the hell out of there before they can return fire...

Archived