IGNORED

chenGOD, Your Need For Firefox Is No More

Joyrex

Hmmm interesting.

I'm pretty comfortable with Firefox though, and the extensions that I have really suit my "workflow".

What are the real benefits of say a bare Chrome install over a bare FF install? I don't have memory issues with FF.

Hmmm interesting.

I'm pretty comfortable with Firefox though, and the extensions that I have really suit my "workflow".

What are the real benefits of say a bare Chrome install over a bare FF install? I don't have memory issues with FF.

Well, for me, memory and speed. Even FF 3.5.1 isn't as fast as Chrome

Hmmm interesting.

Well, for me, memory and speed. Even FF 3.5.1 isn't as fast as Chrome

I agree, Chrome is still faster than FF by a good bit, but it's not all about speed, the only thing Chrome excels at, it seems. For people who want bare-bones simplicity and a fast browser, sure, go for Chrome. But for users who crave the customization options (such as the incredible Adblock Plus, NoScript, Greasemonkey, and 1000s more), FF is your only choice. And also, once someone has been using Firefox for so long and gotten so accustomed to the way he/she browses the Interwebz on there, you're not going to want to change browsers.

I have Chrome on my computer, but I never use it, really. It's fast, but that's just not enough to beat out FF for me. Once Chrome has the customization and extension options that Firefox has, then maybe I'll look into it. Even then, as I said, I'm used to FF, so I may just stay anyway.

Archived