IGNORED

The Horrors Connection

Guest aphelion

Thread fail.

Seriously, what a fucking shit thread. Starts off by trying to look cool by writing a bit of information that everybody knew 3 years ago. Then suggests a collaboration that isn't going to happen. Fucking fail of joshier proportions.

Guest beatfanatic

ChrisCunningham also produced some of the tracks from The Horrors's last album Primary Colors which I like a lot.

Guest Iain C

Completely not interested. The sound of their first album was heavily "influenced" by The Birthday Party, apparently the new album is heavily "influenced" by shoegaze bands but I refuse to listen to it because they are not, in my opinion, a particularly good band.

Guest beatfanatic

Completely not interested. The sound of their first album was heavily "influenced" by The Birthday Party, apparently the new album is heavily "influenced" by shoegaze bands but I refuse to listen to it because they are not, in my opinion, a particularly good band.

I wouldn't quite say shoegaze bands but their new album is heavily influenced by The Cure, Joy Division, Can and since Geoff Barrow of Portishead produced it, you can hear a bit of Portishead on it as well especially the track " Sea within a sea" where the second half of the track sounds really similar to the track "The Rip" from their last album "Third".

i fuckin' love their latest album. not interested in their other stuff though because it's the shoegaze/ambient stuff that made me buy it.

Fucking sick of this term "shoegaze" being banded around as if it was a cool new scene. Saw it being used in the Coldplay video thread aswell. I think it's a term which is starting to be overused. Just to make you aware it hasn't gone unnoticed and it ain't hip.

Guest Iain C

Fucking sick of this term "shoegaze" being banded around as if it was a cool new scene. Saw it being used in the Coldplay video thread aswell. I think it's a term which is starting to be overused. Just to make you aware it hasn't gone unnoticed and it ain't hip.

LOL, where have you been?

I wouldn't quite say shoegaze bands but their new album is heavily influenced by The Cure, Joy Division, Can and since Geoff Barrow of Portishead produced it, you can hear a bit of Portishead on it as well especially the track " Sea within a sea" where the second half of the track sounds really similar to the track "The Rip" from their last album "Third".

This equates to me as "we're still ripping off far-better post-punk bands of the 1980s"

Of course this applies to a lot of modern "indie".

well have you heard chinese sleep chant? if you haven't, and don't want to, then shut the fuck up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVU44j3g6sA

if that isn't shoegaze, then i don't know what is.

LOL, where have you been?

Mainly in the Clark - Totems Flare thread.

Archived