IGNORED

Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Macca

Just a few days ago the delightful remaster of SAW 85-92 was re-released (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=780664, look at the release date HMV have)

For those unfortunate enough to miss out back in 08 on getting a fresh copy of this brilliant CD...

My link

(I found it mildly funny that the day it was re-released HMV was shunned into having no more stock (hence the restock note)

Guest nene multiple assgasms

The remaster sounds awful, though...

in what way? I've only got the old version.

Joyrex, please elaborate on how awful it sounds. I still don't own a copy of SAW 85-92 so I might have to pick up this copy, but then again i might find a different version if the sound is all that bad.

Well, the problem with SAW 85-92 in the first place is the master recording was muddy, and so they tried to "remaster" this and all the low-end stuff loses it's punch, and as a result sounds tinny. I'll try to do some comparison rips of both versions (LOL, I just looked, and I've got 5 different versions of SAW 85-92) to illustrate, or someone who's got the time could do it as well...

Well, the problem with SAW 85-92 in the first place is the master recording was muddy, and so they tried to "remaster" this and all the low-end stuff loses it's punch, and as a result sounds tinny. I'll try to do some comparison rips of both versions (LOL, I just looked, and I've got 5 different versions of SAW 85-92) to illustrate, or someone who's got the time could do it as well...

please do...all I can say is, that my remasterd Version does sound a LOT better than the 192kb rips.

please do...all I can say is, that my remasterd Version does sound a LOT better than the 192kb rips.

Having listened to it several times through, it still sounds hell of a lot better than the CD I burned before owning a copy...

I still don't own a copy of SAW 85-92

Fuck me and your reading this RDJ sub forum!!!

This is by far his best album - IMO. My SAW 85-92 to this day is still my most played CD and I got this when it was released.

Archived