IGNORED

Frisky Dingo

perunamuusi

Guest analogue wings

The "warning" at the start of the Wonder Showzen clip pretty much hands the argument to me, sorry.

AMERICANS LOVE TO EXPLAIN THE JOKE TO YOU AND THAT MAKES IT WAY LESS FUNNY

The "warning" at the start of the Wonder Showzen clip pretty much hands the argument to me, sorry.

AMERICANS LOVE TO EXPLAIN THE JOKE TO YOU AND THAT MAKES IT WAY LESS FUNNY

Please... It's so obvious that was a decision by the network. It has to do with the fact that the show aired on MTV (after the deal with another channel fell through), a channel primarily watched by children and young teens, and the executives probably thought people were too stupid to tell the difference between a real kids show and a parody. They did the same thing for the South Park film.

By the way, I'd say a good 40% of the humor in Look Around You is based around being amused by remembering stuff from your childhood.

Guest countchocula

look around you is not actually as funny as you would like it to be

and i know noone has mentioned it here, but from what i've seen Robot Chicken is utter rubbish

I think Robot Chicken is the only Adult Swim program I have seen that has been entirely miss for me. I have always disliked it.

I always thought "qft" meant "quite fucking true" ! :blink:

Also, I never really liked Frisky Dingo, seems to be a constant series of:

* dialogue

* paaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuusssseee

* dialogue

love Wonder Showzen though, a show with enough ideas to not rely on the aforementioned formula

Guest theSun

it's nice when there's a good joke before the pause and then all the characters look at each other blankly. problem is adult swim can't write that many good jokes

Archived