IGNORED

Do you smoke?

thehauntingsoul

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i smoked since i was (i think) 17. ended up getting up to a pack a day somehow in freshman/sophmore year, down to a little less than half a pack a day now (two-three years later). the next goal is a pack every four days, and continue to work it down from there.

whether or not you get cancer, smoking is so obviously unhealthy for you, but i love it. cigarettes have my balls in a vice.

Guest ezkerraldean

I suspect all those who smoke for until old age have comparatively better immune systems than most others.

i dunno. smoking doesn't really test your immune system any way i can think of. it doesn't fill you with nasty microbes, it just clogs you up with sticky shit

Guest hahathhat

alright alright...

i'll have a cig or two when i'm on a long drive, after a pitcher of beer, or when i'm out of weed but want to smoke something. i'd have to make a concerted effort to smoke more than a pack a month -- usually winds up being more like two months/pack. i really prefer weed.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

I suspect all those who smoke for until old age have comparatively better immune systems than most others.

i dunno. smoking doesn't really test your immune system any way i can think of. it doesn't fill you with nasty microbes, it just clogs you up with sticky shit

It does test your immune system but in the wrong way. Three lines of immune defense: 1) pussy, cock, and nose snot, lysozyme in tears and saliva, acid in stomach 2)non-specific cellular defense e.g. inflammation, release of histamine, swelling, etc. 3) cell-mediated immunity with B cells, T cells, etc. Smoking fucks your first defense. Tiny cilia along the bronchi and in the trachea are constantly whooshing shit upwards, which is why you periodically feel like you have to bring up and spit out a loogie. Smoking freezes those cilia hairs and allows infinitely more particles to just sit in your lungs. The lungs freak out and squirt mucus on all the trash, you get smoker's cough, and any respiratory infection takes you much longer to beat. My dad is 59 and I think he has smoked for at least 43 years or more. He calls it "allergies" but really, he can never get over common respiratory problems and they all wind up overlapping on themselves across the entire year. There is no measuring how much nasal spray, Claritin, antibiotics, inhalers, and other shit he consumes in a year.

cool. i more suspected some people have better initial defences than others, and so theirs take longer to break down, perhaps so long that something else--like old age--may kill them before smoking does. i'm fairly ignorant about it all mind you.

Archived