IGNORED

something between windows movie maker and premiere

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

alright, as some of you know i enjoy making stupid videos. i've found adobe premiere annoying and overcomplicated. they seem to lard it up more with every release. windows movie maker is simple and fast, but limited. is there some piece of software (preferrably free) that's in between the two?

i just want to do basic multitrack A/V editing, nothing complicated. being able to do titles and transitions is preferred. some corny video fx are major bonus. however, i don't need "professional" features, plugin support, or lots of crazy fx. i'd do any audio work elsewhere (premiere insists on loading all my music VSTs -- aargh).

i'd prefer software that makes use of multiple CPUs as i have a couple of them. i use a PC.

vegas is intuitive like premiere isn't.

vegas is functional like movie maker isn't.

i quite like vegas.

plus you get a month's free trial. it took me about half an hour to figure out the basics and get editing.

I use final cut and avid at work but I thought premiere was pretty simple..? I guess try vegas although I'd still stick with premiere. If you have any specific questions i'll try and answer it for you

Archived