IGNORED

Photo for The Overlook

Guest Malabar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malabar

Really, really disappointed in WATMM and The Overlook: thought you'd get this in a flash. Well, off to bed now. Hope it's been solved in the morning.

ekij.jpg

Holy fucking lol!!!! Incredible work!!

what's "the overlook"? the hotel from the shining? the only reference to shining was in the above post that the member named "The Overlook" posted...

what's going on?

yeah the overlook is the hotel from the shining. I guess malabar thought someone who named himself from the hotel from the shining, and has had a string of shining-related avatars, would be interested in the fact that danny lloyd, the kid from the shining, has apparently grown up into a balding, smug-looking hick.

ah! so simple an explanation!

what's really weird is that seconds before seeing the thread, i was checking out the blue-ray release of the shining, thinking if i should get one. but then i'd have to get a blue-ray player as well.

Guest Mirezzi

ah! so simple an explanation!

what's really weird is that seconds before seeing the thread, i was checking out the blue-ray release of the shining, thinking if i should get one. but then i'd have to get a blue-ray player as well.

It's worth every goddamn dime, trust me. There are a lot of misconceptions running around regarding the widescreen version of The Shining and what Kubrick and his D.P. wanted to accomplish. Anyway, the 1.85:1 matted frame they used when filming represented what they wanted to be seen in theaters.

It's also a great transfer. So get yourself a Blu-ray player (they're like $220 now) and grab the Kubrick collection. It's like going to church. I watched The Shining Blu-ray for the first time last Christmas. It was the best way imaginable to wash away the hideousness that was The Curse of Benjamin Button.

yeah, i read about the transfer... and i just got a shiny brand new 50" panasonic V10... didn't even mean to get a blu-ray player, but just an xtreamer (already ordered it).

but seeing all the goodies with releases such as The Shining... i just might get a blu-ray player!

oh, and about the widescreen - the movie was shown in the cinema, right? then why the fuck not release it widescreen? fuckin finally!

Guest Malabar

this thread derren browned me. dbml.

This boy from The Shining:

the_shining.jpg

is the second from left in the original photo I posted. He is now a biology teacher who hates discussing his role as Danny Torrance. I posted it for The Overlook/Mirezzi as I know he thinks very highly of the film, as do I. Just thought it was interesting.

Archived