the VEHICLE thread

Guest Franklin

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

So you got it Franklin! I like it!

Here is mine:

Tis a Vuaxhall Viva 2.3 Litre Magnum it's actually Gold in colour, pictures don't do it justice (V fast).

From 1971

post-3978-12557568438984_thumb.jpg

Is the original post a joke? Franklin, why do you have 4 shots (slightly different angles) of a car everyone has probably seen 100 + times before in real life? I understand your excited about your new car, but do you at least see the excessiveness and humor in your post? haha I hope so, cause its fucking hilarious to me...

and HOLY LOL at the 2nd post, nicely done bus man... nicely done

Guest abusivegeorge

lol @ this, no wonder cars don't go down greatly on here, no ones fucking got one.

Is the original post a joke? Franklin, why do you have 4 shots (slightly different angles) of a car everyone has probably seen 100 + times before in real life? I understand your excited about your new car, but do you at least see the excessiveness and humor in your post? haha I hope so, cause its fucking hilarious to me...

Prime example cars not going down greatly.

karmakramer A car is the second largest financial commitment a human makes, the 1st being a house.

So some of us like to take a little more pride in our transport. It is merely a hobby for some of us though, for some of us it is not, which is totally understandable, some of us like to take pride in our vehicles and sometimes enthusiasitcally (not chavically) modify them.

He has shown several different angles of the car to show what it looks like all round, the same way someone might like to post pictures of the inside of their new home.

Some people just like to use their vehicle as something to get from A to B and really aren't bothered, after all that's what cars are for right?

lol @ this, no wonder cars don't go down greatly on here, no ones fucking got one.

Prime example cars not going down greatly.

karmakramer A car is the second largest financial commitment a human makes, the 1st being a house.

So some of us like to take a little more pride in our transport. It is merely a hobby for some of us though, for some of us it is not, which is totally understandable, some of us like to take pride in our vehicles and sometimes enthusiasitcally (not chavically) modify them.

He has shown several different angles of the car to show what it looks like all round, the same way someone might like to post pictures of the inside of their new home.

Some people just like to use their vehicle as something to get from A to B and really aren't bothered, after all that's what cars are for right?

houses are uniquely different... most cars look identical/very similar imo

well there you go.

wtf/lol etc....

houses are typically designed by an architecture firm which probably only designs at most 10-15% of the residential community. cars however have far fewer manufactures/designers and the vast majority of people drive cars from the major corporations/dealers. also when you are discussing a house, you also have to consider the land that it's built on. just this factor makes multiple angles of a house far more interesting/useful then four slightly different angles of a fucking audi.

finally I don't even care in the slightest, I was just commenting on my observation of Franklin's absurd/hilarious post and was wondering if he saw the humor himself or perhaps intentionally wanted to make people think he was overly obsessed with his new purchase.

Guest ezkerraldean

i fucking love cars but am regrettably far too impoverished to own one currently. although to be fair i don't need one at the moment either. i love how compact Leicester is as a city. i don't even need to get a bus, you can literally walk everywhere.

really not true. maybe with bullshit GM sedans and crappy unneccessary oversided 4x4s that north americans seem to wank over. hit up europe and see our shiny colourful motors innit.

and my god, north american houses are fucking not uniquely different. they all look like you could buy them in ikea.

i fucking love cars but am regrettably far too impoverished to own one currently. although to be fair i don't need one at the moment either.

really not true. maybe with bullshit GM sedans. hit up europe and see our shiny colourful motors innit.

and my god, north american houses are fucking not uniquely different. they all look like you could buy them in ikea.

with cars you got different kinds and whatnot but their geometry is basically the same. houses have personal affections inside them which is interesting, the property they are on (nature, climate, landscape), and you also have the wide variety of styles and sizes/shapes of houses... they differ far more then the constricted geometry of 4 wheels and chairs in a box.

Guest ezkerraldean

with cars you got different kinds and whatnot but their geometry is basically the same. houses have personal affections inside them which is interesting, the property they are on (nature, climate, landscape), and you also have the wide variety of styles and sizes/shapes of houses... they differ far more then the constricted geometry of 4 wheels and chairs in a box.

ooh, this is becoming intellectual. i like

suppose that's potentially true. the theoretical range of house architectures probably is much wider than that for cars, but in reality, most houses seem to look the fucking same, or are at least confined to a small number of styles (townhouse, generic detached ikea suburb house, ugly giant faux-mansion). the wide variety of styles in the traditional houses of various countries/regions/cultures is not reflected in modern (western?) houses. which is a massive shame methinks.

i suppose with cars, the fact that they have a much more refined purpose than a house certainly does restrict the potential range of designs, but then those restrictions fuel innovation. different designs take the concept of a car to extreme limits in order to produce diversity. since car designers are aware that they have a smaller range of potential designs to work with, they will consciously try and make theirs as unique as possible. (although that doesn't seem to be the case with north american cars, which winds me up infinitely. i'm so eurocentric lol)

Guest ezkerraldean

vehicle is spelt funny. i say it vee-yer-c'l. where does that h in the middle come from eh, that's what i want to know! bloody New Labour

Archived