IGNORED

New record label

Guest SecondaryCell

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, back to the topic of the thread:

klyxn_CD_konf2_120.jpg

klyxn - Konf/ac release date is October 26th. Hailing from Frankfurt, Germany klyxn blends dark, industrial noise with very melodic and ambient textures.

nice stuff! reminds me a bit of gridlock.

Guest SecondaryCell

Actually, I've been reading WATMM every day for almost two years

That's almost nothing, though.

True, but with having only a little over 100 posts I think some would figure I've only been here a month.

i find it hilarious that a guy runs 'fem records'

it's almost like you're their pimp :pedobear:

I knew that this would be one logical stereotype - of course if it was run completely by women then it would get the militant feminist stereotype or something similar.

Guest SecondaryCell
Anyway, back to the topic of the thread:

klyxn_CD_konf2_120.jpg

klyxn - Konf/ac release date is October 26th. Hailing from Frankfurt, Germany klyxn blends dark, industrial noise with very melodic and ambient textures.

nice stuff! reminds me a bit of gridlock.

Thanks modey - really refreshing to have music discussion in the Music Discussion forum!

Yes, Gridlock is one of her influences. She is also meticulous with her writing and production, very much a perfectionist. She has some nice gear in her studio as well, there is a pic in the gallery on her artist page.

Whenever I play weird, experimental acoustic guitar stuff live, I always get "people don't get that stuff, they just want to see you sit up there all pretty and sing some simple songs, not run through crazy scales and over abuse harmonics" etc.

have you got any of that stuff online? i'm really getting into crazy experimental acoustic guitar music.

Here's the only thing i really have recorded that isn't TOO, though it's a bit drab in parts.

http://soundcloud.com/katiekilobyte/katie-kilobyte-saturday-in-dadgad

...over dubbed a tiny bit, but most of it is played all at once, with (to me) obvious parts over dubbed as this piece was originally written for me and another guitarist to perform at some event or another. BUt the 2nd guitar parts are minor. Maybe i'll make a vid of me playing it some day as i've added in some cooler "dual hand" stuff before the strumming part. blahblahblhahlh

also...

If you haven't heard of Michael Hedges - hear of him now! Google, youtube, whatever/ him and learn. He is/was (died some years back) my guitar guru. I saw him live in the 2nd row when i was something around 10 years old, it was like a Buddhist finding the original Siddhartha returned to earth meditating under a tree. In other words awesome and he had a lot of influence on me.

• 6 years later...

i find it hilarious that a guy runs 'fem records'

it's almost like you're their pimp :pedobear:

I knew that this would be one logical stereotype - of course if it was run completely by women then it would get the militant feminist stereotype or something similar.

8bUHZl3.gif

Archived