IGNORED

Roland TR-707

J3FF3R00

roland-tr707_456x297.jpg

So, I've had my 707 for about 10 or 11 years now. I use it regularly for recording and for practice.

I never program drums or use software to program drums. I usually just use the old 707 and, if need be, chop up the beat in Pro-Tools if I need to change it up.

I am aware that this is a laborious and time consuming method but for some reason, I just haven't cracked into the world of programming software. I'm sure I will one day.

In the meantime, I am perfectly happy with the Roland... other than when I turn it off and turn it back on, when it won't recall my patterns and I end up having to clear and reprogram all of my tracks/patterns from scratch.

Here is my question.

Has anyone ever programmed an entire track solely on the TR-707(longer than 16 measure) with multiple time changes and if so, how did you do it?

I have a metal song I wrote in all kinds of weird time signatures and I want to push this sucker to it's limits but I can't figure out how to string more than 16 patterns (with different "last step" changes) together in order to fit my crazy ass song.

Is it possible?

:unsure:

btw

I love this box.

I reckon that stuff is either something you learn right when getting it or like never.You must be aware of the write mode?? if you can only get 16 patterns looped you must still be in the pattern play mode, you want to have all your patterns done(if more then 16 use the additional 'pattern groups' ABCD)this can have time sig(last step) changes or whatever.Then have those ready, go into track write select the bar you want as bar one an press the enter button this will now be written as bar 1 and you will be now entering bar two(if you make a mistake you can use the back button to go back and correct it)you can make 4 tracks.

Also to have the patterns stored you just have to have batteries in it.

The great thing about the 707 is the triggering(sh101 for example =D) and the individual volume and outputs for each channel!!! great stuff i've had mine for a about 6 months its fantastic!

hope that made sense.

I reckon that stuff is either something you learn right when getting it or like never.You must be aware of the write mode?? if you can only get 16 patterns looped you must still be in the pattern play mode, you want to have all your patterns done(if more then 16 use the additional 'pattern groups' ABCD)this can have time sig(last step) changes or whatever.Then have those ready, go into track write select the bar you want as bar one an press the enter button this will now be written as bar 1 and you will be now entering bar two(if you make a mistake you can use the back button to go back and correct it)you can make 4 tracks.

Also to have the patterns stored you just have to have batteries in it.

The great thing about the 707 is the triggering(sh101 for example =D) and the individual volume and outputs for each channel!!! great stuff i've had mine for a about 6 months its fantastic!

hope that made sense.

I'll give this a shot. Many thanks!

:beer:

I love the default grindcore pattern it makes when all stored patterns are reset.

EVERYTHING RUSH

Hahaha, yeah :p

That.

BTW, last time i was fiddling with this homebrew syncing device, and suddenly all the patterns went grindcore, the first thing i did was loading the default demo patterns. I'm as lazy as fuck with programming.. and not too much into grindcore, though i'm quite fond of the gabba kick i get out of the 707BD using some effects.

Archived