IGNORED

proper anchovies

Fred McGriff

Whenever I have anchovies as left overs, they usually end up in a puttanesca style sauce for pasta.

puttanesca is literally the italian for 'whoreish' because of the fishy tang. italian is a wonderfully descriptive language like that.

Puta and its latin variations is a remarkable word. Some idiot stood behind me in Morrisons the other day telling me my mother was a puta after I told him to get to the back of the queue. Although I think it was Spanish rather than Italian. I did consider turning round and stabbing him in the neck with some dried linguine, but if I'm going to go down for upholding the great British traditions of respect and tolerance, I'd want it to be M&S or Waitrose. At a push a Tesco xtra. No way is it going to be Morrisons.

Whenever I have anchovies as left overs, they usually end up in a puttanesca style sauce for pasta.

puttanesca is literally the italian for 'whoreish' because of the fishy tang. italian is a wonderfully descriptive language like that.

Puta and its latin variations is a remarkable word. Some idiot stood behind me in Morrisons the other day telling me my mother was a puta after I told him to get to the back of the queue. Although I think it was Spanish rather than Italian. I did consider turning round and stabbing him in the neck with some dried linguine, but if I'm going to go down for upholding the great British traditions of respect and tolerance, I'd want it to be M&S or Waitrose. At a push a Tesco xtra. No way is it going to be Morrisons.

see you're going for a sort of weird offspring of philip larkin and morrisey there and it must be very frustrating; although you're not quite getting it, it is a matter of millimeters away.

see you're going for a sort of weird offspring of philip larkin and morrisey there and it must be very frustrating; although you're not quite getting it, it is a matter of millimeters away.

One of my mates has "always crashing in the same car" tattooed round his bicep. I wouldn't usually approve of 'epitaph' tattoos, but he is a

Bowie fan and really is always crashing in the same car, so I'll let him off.

Archived