IGNORED

Coil - Colour Sound Oblivion

Capsaicin

http://thresholdhouse.greedbag.com/release/~colour-sound-oblivion-coils-offi/

We are very pleased to announce:

Colour Sound Oblivion - Coil's Official Live Video boxset - Advance Patrons Edition.

In order to finance the manufacturing of this lavish collection in the Spring of next year, we are making available from today, a Special subscription Edition, at a special advance price:

The first 200 copies only of Colour Sound Oblivion may be reserved now, for the special price of £ 175 each including free postage and packaging for delivery of both the frame and the DVD box set. For this you will receive a framed Certificate confirming your Patronage, to be dispatched before Christmas if you order by Dec 10th, and will be among the first 200 to receive the Collection when it is made. It is our intention to have finished Boxes ready for dispatch by March 2010.

Not only that but the Patrons Edition will contain extras, yet to be confirmed, over and above the regular edition (which, once the boxes are in stock, will be have a standard price of £175 plus postage and packaging)!

Colour Sound Oblivion will consist of at least 12 dvds of all the Incarnations of Coil Live, with simultaneous Projection channels, plus at least 2 discs of alternate versions Projections with "karaoke" backing tracks and audio loops, which you can use to remake Coil Live in your own image. A minimum of 14 dvds, possibly more - the final total depends on the last bits of compiling being done by the end of the year.

More information, including an 'artists' impression' of the finished box, and a list of the final shows, will be posted when it is confirmed. Please note that some of the shows were shot with multiple cameras and edited "professionally", while others were shot by audience members on a single camera only, and are presented for the historical record. In all cases the videos are the best available, and have been mastered in multi-region, universally playable format, to maximise your enjoyment.

Colour Sound Oblivion will also contain a large collection of 6" × 4" postcards of personal snaps and images from behind the scenes on the road with Coil, which may be displayed in the frame Patrons receive with their Certificate, as well as various special personal objects and gifts, related to Coil's performances.

This long awaited project is finally nearing completion! Do not miss this opportunity to reserve your copy now, become a Patron of the Project, as well as benefiting from this special offer.

nice coil's back to the 'limited' edition super expensive box sets. I wonder if like Astral Disaster, they hand off a bunch to Jon Whitney and have him sell them after they all sold out at outrageous auction prices.

I stopped buying Coil stuff before they played any live shows post Zos Kia era, i heard some of them were pretty cool, never seen any videos

The only videos out there (other than a VHS bootleg of the NY concert) are on youtube and in really terrible quality. But judging from ...And the Ambulance Died In His Arms, the Porto bootleg, and Live 1-4 , I'd have to say they're downright amazing live.

a majority of these concerts have been recorded by audience members?

And where on earth can you find these? Please share, because I'm sure that they'll be recorded from the soundboard using some dandy hifi equipment and the video will be flawless.

Newer developments. Lol 2011 ..

"Incidentally, if you are one of those odd people who for some reason only want a copy of a single Coil show, like the one where you got married... had your first Trip... orgasm... epileptic fit... (who knows ,-)? or had some other Epiphany experience, we will be making the individual show dvds available (though probably not the projection, audio backing track discs etc) some time during 2011, at a "commercial" price, and without all the box, postcards, and fun stuff - Just so you know...

As the final selections of shows and videos, and decisions about final box and packaging are made, prototypes received etc. we will be posting photos and info about them at www.thresholdhouse.com, so if you want to watch the Collection develop, and tantalise (or torment ,-) your anticipation and imagination please look in every week or so."

christopherson claims he wont be making a profit from the box. i guess hes just breaking even. if thats true, i find that kind of admirable

• 2 months later...

CSOpackage.jpg

The long wait for you, and the massive, massive amount of work for me, is almost over!

All but 4 of the concerts are authored (from literally hundreds of hours of camera-work by countless people, more forward looking than I), the boxes decided upon and ordered, 16 dvd wallets designed, 101 postcards showing every aspect of the Coil tours (well every legal aspect) assembled from numerous sources, and a series of 5000 cloth bags sewn from the very fabric that Coil's costumes were orginally tailored... Not to mention nearly four hours of "Coil Recontruction Kit" released under a Creative Commons License from which you can set up your own Coil Karaoke Booth, or even resample loops, backings or reuse footage from all of the Projections that Coil ever used on stage, for whatever nefarious, perverse, fetishistic (but non-commercial) purposes you see fit...

I am emailing the store elves today to ask them to open the Official Pre-Order facility, as I am confident that Colour Sound Oblivion will be shipping within 3 months (as per the regulations set down by the credit card companies for pre-order facilites).

As previously promised, the pre-order facility will not be limited by quantity but by time. You will have four weeks to order, from the moment the facility becomes available (It might take the store a day or two to set it up, not to mention me a day or two to take photos of everything!).

Those paying by Paypal or debit card will be charged on order, those by credit card will not be charged till the box actually ships.

Also as promised, those brave and generous souls who ordered the Patrons edition will receive UNIQUE parts limited to the original 200 in quantity. Those ordering the forthcoming Pre-Order edition, though receiving slightly different editorial contents, and paying a slightly less "discounted" price, will still get all the goodies mentioned above. The standard edition when it becomes available will have the same dvd contents but not quite such lavish (not to mention heavy and expensive!) presentation.

Check back tomorrow for more details.

While "Form Grows Rampant" - the dvd by The Threshold HouseBoys Choir was something of a transitional work, spanning both music, film, and me starting to think about other things, my new website Sacred-Profane is all about my work, ancient and modern, that is not related to music as such.

Special Pictures, Objects that may become devotional even though not strictly religious, Items of Power, Vision, Protection, Encouragement - even, we hope, a regular HD Podcast "Evenings with Unkle Sleazy" which will have some music but also other sounds and visions which I hope will take you to the same kind of place that Coil used to do, but in a new way, one that has real Value, both to you and me, in this Age of Worthlessness we have made for ourselves.

Archived