IGNORED

google nexus one

Guest mikew5th

i use a nokia 1208. it is great! it makes and receives calls! it also has a flashlight and the snake game!. the snake game is the most important thing a mobile phone should have IMO.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come back to me when your phones are all going wrong and mine is still making and recieving phone calls, which is what a phone is built for, in 10 years time.

in 10 years time, when in all likelihood, most calls will be done via VoIP and SMS has been replaced by IM, in which case your 3310/3330 will be completely and utterly useless?

my N900 already has Skype built into it (at the system level) and has very tight integration of SIP VoIP.

Someone said a similar thing to me ten years ago (literally in 2000).

When I had the same phone.

yeah yeah :facepalm:

Guest abusivegeorge

:facepalm:

I actually cannot believe you're trying to convince people that the phone which brought us snake will be utterly useless, that's bannable you know.

I actually cannot believe you're trying to convince people that the phone which brought us snake will be utterly useless, that's bannable you know.

i do believe that many prior Nokia phones (including the 3210, and the even older 6110) had snake on them :trashbear:

Guest Franklin

cell phone culture is tantalizing and retarded at the same time. I feel like I really want the new shit ... knowing full well that my 2008 model nokia e71 (which I love btw) will do me just fine for the next 5 years at least.

we're brainwashed George and we can't help it.

Guest abusivegeorge

i do believe that many prior Nokia phones (including the 3210, and the even older 6110) had snake on them :trashbear:

You're right man, I'm only being pedantic because I just don't see the appeal in owning a phone that does anything more than act as a phone, especially with the fucking money we spend on them. I do understand the attraction though.

cell phone culture is tantalizing and retarded at the same time. I feel like I really want the new shit ... knowing full well that my 2008 model nokia e71 (which I love btw) will do me just fine for the next 5 years at least.

we're brainwashed George and we can't help it.

Lol, it does make me a little sad inside if I'm honest.

Also, skype is awesome.

You're right man, I'm only being pedantic because I just don't see the appeal in owning a phone that does anything more than act as a phone, especially with the fucking money we spend on them. I do understand the attraction though.

to be fair, the 3210 and the 3310 are rock solid phones, although i'd easily choose a 6310i over those any day, purely for the battery life (with a new battery, a 6310i can easily last a whole week on standby). my N900 is lucky if it gets past a 24 hour period without needing a charge, but then again it is doing a hell of a lot more.

i have fond memories of using my 6310i and my Psion Series 5mx for texting / email. good times.

Guest abusivegeorge

Just googled 6310i as I couldn't remember which one that was. Fucking excellent phone (if a little big lol) and it reminded me, I used to own a green one similar in slze and appearance, and the keypad had a cover that flipped down. It also had a scoller bar under the screen (like the scorller found on a mouse). Can't remember what they were called, but they were fucking terrible, and production was cut pretty quick, but for the intermittant times mine worked I loved it.

Just googled 6310i as I couldn't remember which one that was. Fucking excellent phone (if a little big lol) and it reminded me, I used to own a green one similar in slze and appearance, and the keypad had a cover that flipped down. It also had a scoller bar under the screen (like the scorller found on a mouse). Can't remember what they were called, but they were fucking terrible, and production was cut pretty quick, but for the intermittant times mine worked I loved it.

"Matrix" Phone, Nokia 7110

dsc_4161.jpg

Guest abusivegeorge

Yes, that's the one, thanks! I was always that guy at school that people wanted to play with his phone but the the question always asked first was "George, is your phone working today", whoever got a go on that phone was real lucky.

Yes, that's the one, thanks! I was always that guy at school that people wanted to play with his phone but the the question always asked first was "George, is your phone working today", whoever got a go on that phone was real lucky.

yeah, there were obvious issues with the slider on them. and i had two phones which would have intermittent issues with the SIM card not being recognised :( shame really, because i loved the colour and the whole Matrix thing :p

Guest abusivegeorge

yeah, there were obvious issues with the slider on them. and i had two phones which would have intermittent issues with the SIM card not being recognised :( shame really, because i loved the colour and the whole Matrix thing :p

I'll be honest, I think at the time of owning mine, I had no idea about the matrix connection with them, I just knew everyone thought it was kool. The sim cards were problems with my one too, I remember mine specifically telling me that it wasn't compatible with my network. Which was bollocks lol.

Sometimes I would switch it on and it would start up fine, other times it would say it wasn't compatible.

I'll be honest, I think at the time of owning mine, I had no idea about the matrix connection with them, I just knew everyone thought it was kool. The sim cards were problems with my one too, I remember mine specifically telling me that it wasn't compatible with my network. Which was bollocks lol.

Sometimes I would switch it on and it would start up fine, other times it would say it wasn't compatible.

with mine it'd be fine, and then all of a sudden the phone would just reject the SIM. i tried reinforcing the SIM in the holder with some card, but to no avail. i ended up giving up on them.

Guest abusivegeorge

It's the only phone that's pissed my parents off more than me, because they paid for it lol.

It's the only phone that's pissed my parents off more than me, because they paid for it lol.

it was a damn expensive phone, due to it being the first WAP enabled Nokia. my first phone was a Nokia 2110 at age 15 i think

nokia2110.jpg

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah they were seiously expensive phones! Wasn't aware they were the first WAP enabled either.

I can't find my first mobile phone, it was so long ago, the closest I can find to it is this:

philips_diga.gif

and that's a good couple of generations on form the one I had. Was a really old Phillips, blue in colour, and the only provider available for it was Orange. It was a cracking phone though.

Yeah they were seiously expensive phones! Wasn't aware they were the first WAP enabled either.

I can't find my first mobile phone, it was so long ago, the closest I can find to it is this:

philips_diga.gif

and that's a good couple of generations on form the one I had. Was a really old Phillips, blue in colour, and the only provider available for it was Orange. It was a cracking phone though.

i know exactly what one you're on about, but i can't remember the model number either. my memory might be getting a bit distorted here, but i'm sure you could hack them so that every time you turned the phone off and on again, the credit would be reset to £10.

Archived