IGNORED

Song: Our underwater torch

Any love for "Song: Our underwater torch" from the Maximum Priest EP? I admire it! Even though not on the obvious drums route, it's gorgeous. Love the organ melody.

Any love for "Song: Our underwater torch" from the Maximum Priest EP? I admire it! Even though not on the obvious drums route, it's gorgeous. Love the organ melody.

i once took e in my younger years (back when i thought that was the only way to achieve those feelings)

and bought Maximum Priest EP. Then i proceeded to listened to it for 3 days straight.

Song: Our Underwater Torch's light shining in through my heart and onto my mind.

90bf981c9b4c31c9983df08770371fc3.jpg

i once took e in my younger years (back when i thought that was the only way to achieve those feelings)

and bought Maximum Priest EP. Then i proceeded to listened to it for 3 days straight.

Song: Our Underwater Torch's light shining in through my heart and onto my mind.

90bf981c9b4c31c9983df08770371fc3.jpg

Haha. My idea about the song are not about light, but rather about sadness and loneliness: If my house burns down and I lose wife and kids and the whole world, if I'm the only human left on earth, it'll be a good idea to stay in a dark pub at the bar, drinking korn schnapps and listening to this song :)

It bothers me that there's no real version of it on youtube that I can listen to from my office. There's one video with it in it, but it's littered with samples and monologues from politicians I don't like.

i wish he'd do a full on dub album. he's always been heavily influenced by dub and jazz. the perfect mixture of the two is iambic 5 poetry. love the king tubby-ish drums in underwater torch

It bothers me that there's no real version of it on youtube that I can listen to from my office. There's one video with it in it, but it's littered with samples and monologues from politicians I don't like.

i was looking to try and post earlier ....but no luck :sad:

i wish he'd do a full on dub album. he's always been heavily influenced by dub and jazz. the perfect mixture of the two is iambic 5 poetry. love the king tubby-ish drums in underwater torch

yes please :smile:

this was the first squarepusher release i ever purchased, and initially I hated everything save for the Luke Vibert remix....came back to it like 4 years later, this along with Mindphone EP are my favorite Squarepusher releases....there's a lot of variety, and it stays nicely in the middle of his abilities, balancing sicky sweet melodies with jazzy drum programming.

• 2 weeks later...

and if i remember correctly, the inside of the album credits the still images from some weird movie....is it a real movie or a home made one tom and the gents did? never figured that one out.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

yes! i hated the slower feel of this album after all of his drilly stuff but...damn, i've had this song in my head for hours when having some insomnia. it's so much more memorable than the other songs on the album.

Archived