IGNORED

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

Chris Moss Acid

one thing USA has really got right is their school/college sports system, and the draft system.

maybe for sports that are only played in this country so there is no outside competition, but in reality the college sports system completely fucks our chances of having a good soccer league and national team for eternity. Because of the complete lack of huge youth academies like Man U's and Arsenal's our young and bright american prospects will never reach the high level that similar english ones will, or young prospects from around the world for that matter. Instead, the youth players who even hope to turn professional play for a non-professional college team for 4 years, 18-22, when their counterparts in Europe are already breaking into the first team. It's hard to compare playing soccer for UCLA with playing with Arsenal, even arsenal's reserves. because these vital four or so years in a soccer player's development are essentially lost, as a result when american players turn "pro" in the MLS, they are 22+ and are stuck with college level training, not training from a professional youth academy seen everywhere else across europe.

also, one thing that the rest of the world got right and the USA totally fails at is their promotion/relegation sports system.

Yeah you're completely right in that respect.

The same physicality isn't needed in 'soccer' as it is for football, NCAA players couldn't hack NFL because they're not big enough, but in soccer, Cesc Fabregas played for Arsenal first team in premier league at the age of 16 and he was tiny.

Rooney debut was at 16 too.

Only problem with our youth academies is that they scout kids from foreign countries too, so our national team isn't as good as it should be.

one thing USA has really got right is their school/college sports system, and the draft system.

Fuck the DRAFT !!! stupidest shit ...

American Sports have it all wrong .. the system is bullshit .. They suck at making sports watchable ..

Americans should stick their soccer up their asses .. what a bunch of word-thieves..

It is bollocks all that. The rules at present make it a lot harder for a team like Bournemouth when they should be offering support to keep the club going.

Good job you've got Eddie Howe, but he'll probably get headhunted at some point in the near future.

Eddie Howe wont leave Bournemouth, not for the world. he is bournemouth thru and thru .. posh (Peterborough united) wanted him after they sacked Darren Ferguson and he said he hasn't started what he wants to achieve with Bournemouth yet. at least take them up to the championship..

also with the embargo shit, Chelsea at the beginning of the season had an embargo but 2 weeks later they where allowed to buy/sell in the January transfer window.

its one rules for some and some rules for others. makes me sick, which is why i despise premier teams.. although I like Aston Villa a lot just because O'Neil is growing future England players along with Redknapp at spurs and maybe Arsenal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dirty Protest

Usually Saturdays at 3pm, but later on in the season there's loads midweek games that pile up. 46 games in a Championship season following my beloved Cardiff City.

Going to Scunthorpe on Saturday, it'll be fun. Not.

How the fuck is Peter Ridsdale allowed to keep buying football clubs. I always figured the man was just really fucking incompetent after Leeds and Barnsley. But I was wrong the mans a fucking crook. Sortly before he left Leeds he brought in a 25 years season ticket thing to make money for the club, then left with enough money to buy 2 more clubs and Leeds was in fucking tatters. Nows hes seemingly allowed to pull the same scam at Cardiff as if histories been written in newspeak and im guessing he wont be around much longer, but with enough money to suck another club dry. The cunt should be in prison.

• 8 months later...

Archived