IGNORED

Demo tune

Guest Idio

well i almost didn't listen past 30 seconds but i was patient. i was thinking it needed another element during the intro. when the kick came in i started cracking up though because i wasn't expecting it. it's obvious you have programming skills but I would like to see you take some of these techniques and make something more musical with it. as it stands it seems more like a technical exercise than anything else.

well i almost didn't listen past 30 seconds but i was patient. i was thinking it needed another element during the intro. when the kick came in i started cracking up though because i wasn't expecting it. it's obvious you have programming skills but I would like to see you take some of these techniques and make something more musical with it. as it stands it seems more like a technical exercise than anything else.

You hit the nail on the head man, the whole of the intro is to test out some sample mod that I discovered.

I'm curious how you do the rolls. They don't sound handmade... are they?

Yeah, all the rolls are hand made- it takes surprisingly little time once you get into it....

I'll upload another song in a couple of days, I just need to make a final edit of it...

Guest Lube Saibot

I'm curious how you do the rolls. They don't sound handmade... are they?

Yeah, all the rolls are hand made- it takes surprisingly little time once you get into it....

Oh, i know, i do them by hand as well. Yours just sounded different, like they had a "timestretchy" (for lack of a better term) quality. You leave notes a little longer than the retrig rate? Unquantized drills? Those are just two things i'm not doing myself off the top of my head. Honestly i'm asking because they sound a bit like clean plasticy afx\spusher drills. I'm being a huge nerd for even lingering on "drill character" i guess.

Cool song btw. :braindance: I hate the first half but then it really gets there.

hmmm, this song has loads of drills in but i assume the ones you're talking about are reverse bouncing ball type ones? I can tell you how to make them but can you tell me what prog. you use first because it's easier to explain it in relation to a specific program.

Peace, thanks for the kind words

Guest Lube Saibot

hmmm, this song has loads of drills in but i assume the ones you're talking about are reverse bouncing ball type ones? I can tell you how to make them but can you tell me what prog. you use first because it's easier to explain it in relation to a specific program.

Peace, thanks for the kind words

nah, not those mate. the simple straightforward ones that dominate the latter half of the track.

the part from 00:51 to 1:42 is absolutely wicked!!!! sounds like detroit electro + that drum & bass track by afx and squarepusher. that synth is gold! i hate the repetitive cowbell rush though. i would love to get a wav of this minus the cowbell rushes!

listenig live ... sounds like gwen stefani is gonna start singng about bananas any minute.... pots and pan rushes.... nice ride cymbal... 1:20 in losing interest. it's just gone all wobbly and slightly underwater. ride cymbal comes back.... . not a lot of stuff happening other than snare rushes which are a bit too loud and overbearing for me without actually being that interesting. oh it ended. oh no it didn't. that's a drastic change. oh no that's another track. yeah. hmmmm. dunno. thought it was gonna do something when it went underwater but instead it just went ooh give us a snare rush and ended. and i don't like your chosen snare drum (im fussy)

Archived