IGNORED

new 80's joint

data

this is one of several tracks based on the same sample/synth/sounds set i've been working on lately, and since i can only "release" one of these tracks (according to my own silly rules), i decided to finish this one, only because it has the most 80's sound to it out of all of them (im still working on perfecting the 80's feel in my tracks i guess).

GET IT OR DON'T! (i just hope sneaks won't mind the title :whistling:).

also, if anyone's interested in what the other tracks would've sounded like,

here's a quick mashup.

well, technically speaking the title has nothing to do with me but I see the connection indeed. I'm just going to name it Miss Horne's dance in my head. Or I could be funny and think "MRS" Hayward's dance instead because she's in a wheelchair.

The track itself has been a ray of sunshine in what has been an extremely odd few days for me. In my opinion though you've has the 80's sound pretty much nailed from the 1st track of yours i've heard. Lovely as always.

i can't fucking believe i mixed those two up, granted im no hardcore twin peaks fan, but i do love the series.

yeah, it's supposed to be "ms.horne's dance", damnit, fail. :facepalm:

anyway, thanks for the feedback mate, much appreciated. :smile:

LOL @ 2:16 lovely synth. reminds of global goon and of course 80's pop. nice one, sounds like an instrumental though, i want the cheesy singing!

i can't fucking believe i mixed those two up, granted im no hardcore twin peaks fan, but i do love the series.

hey, give my twin peaks related release a listen and tell me what you think, it's fun because there *is* something similar. i didn't mix up with the names though ;)

here's the url if you're curious: http://dedpop.co.uk/004 , you can preview it from there, no need to d/l

Guest ryanmcallister

you sir are pro style. fantastic piece and great not-too-over-the-top sounds. this is the 80's music i could fall in love with, inspired by the 80's but with the added experience of an extra 30 years of us learning from our mistakes.

p.s. mashup is great too, i don't get why you won't put out a little set of tracks like this. i get that you don't want to use the same sounds over again, i'm like that too, but this stuff is more "composition driven" than a lot of electronic music which is based on creative production techniques. to me i hear a nice little electronic 80's band playing at my high school prom or something...so the fluidity is nice with the same sounds in each piece. i'd like to hear more.

hey, give my twin peaks related release a listen and tell me what you think, it's fun because there *is* something similar. i didn't mix up with the names though ;)

here's the url if you're curious: http://dedpop.co.uk/004 , you can preview it from there, no need to d/l

i listened to your tracks, and though i don't really get the twin peaks reference (unless it's "diane"), i like what i heard. :)

you sir are pro style. fantastic piece and great not-too-over-the-top sounds. this is the 80's music i could fall in love with, inspired by the 80's but with the added experience of an extra 30 years of us learning from our mistakes.

p.s. mashup is great too, i don't get why you won't put out a little set of tracks like this. i get that you don't want to use the same sounds over again, i'm like that too, but this stuff is more "composition driven" than a lot of electronic music which is based on creative production techniques. to me i hear a nice little electronic 80's band playing at my high school prom or something...so the fluidity is nice with the same sounds in each piece. i'd like to hear more.

thanks! about the mashup, i get what you're saying, and it makes sense, still though, rules are rules (though i might finish one of those three anyway and post it when everyone's forgotten about this one, hah).

anyway, check my sig for more 80's stuff.

i listened to your tracks, and though i don't really get the twin peaks reference (unless it's "diane"), i like what i heard. :)

yep, diane's interlocutor is agent cooper!

sounds like an instrumental though, i want the cheesy singing!

yeah. surely there are some girls who sing local to you, data? or, with the internet they don't really need to be local. college + electric youth pulled this '80s tune + female vox off well recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA76Vt5TmZU

i'd love to get some vocals on it, and i did have it in mind when i wrote this one, too bad i don't know anyone who can sing, but yeah, i guess i could ask around on myspace or whatever.

fantastic as it stands... doesn't need any vocal work in my opinion! maybe a really vocal-ly articulated synth or something... nah! it's great, man! keep it up, please!

I like this. Would you like to collab on some electro synth pop shit?

sure, i haven't done any collabs in years though, i always worry it'll turn out like shit.

got any unfinished stuff laying around? you should probably pm me with details if you're still interested. :cat:

Archived