IGNORED

funk tech bass breaky 4/4 stuff?

lala

really into kyle watson and wolfgang gartner. some of their tunes are absolute corkers on the dancefloor.. colourful, well produced, funky and importantly, fun!

who else is into this style and got any other recommendations of stuff to listen to? must be loads of good stuff about.

Guest Lube Saibot

really into kyle watson and wolfgang gartner. some of their tunes are absolute corkers on the dancefloor.. colourful, well produced, funky and importantly, fun!

who else is into this style and got any other recommendations of stuff to listen to? must be loads of good stuff about.

Before making any suggestions i must ask if you are familiar with the Ed Banger scene.

Before making any suggestions i must ask if you are familiar with the Ed Banger scene.

heard of it. listening now

How are you finding it?

some are great!

zoukatronic, some sebastian, sound good so far. i know justice & oizo (love the steroids remix for ages)

i find theyre a bit clangy and loud for my tastes often though. i prefer something a bit cleaner like kyle watson/wolfgang gartner/zodiac cartel.. they seem to be less brickwalled than the ed banger stuff.

some are brill tho:]

Guest Lube Saibot

check out:

zzt. bloody beetroots with some level of restraint (they are very inconsistent). boyz noise. erol alkan remixes of everything. digitalism. his majesty andre. TEENAGE BAD GIRL. THE PROXY. SOME kissy sell out. i'll think of some other things.

you won't like it as it veers fully towards the brickwalled aesthetic but: HUORATRON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPwCmhvmHeM

Guest Lube Saibot

That is a seriously shit song, sorry mate. And if you're gonna be a "no, THIS is electro" nazi, at least get your shit together and stand up for the classic electrofunk stuff, not cheap grumpy EBM or "dark electro" (lol!).

In any case, please refer to this post in the Tiga thread for further clarification: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/53181-the-artist-known-as-tiga/page__st__15__p__1234777entry1234777

Have a nice day, i'm sure you have great musical taste otherwise, not trying to start anything.

didnt like the subs stuff, just not into the frequency or composition i guess

liked the first 1-2 bars of that udachi thing, then they lost the riff and just rewound and wobbled out of the groove. shame.

personally i think 'electro' needs to be fresh in the way a circuit board is clean.

if i was at a rave tripping my head off, i wouldnt walk into a room playing that ultradyne and think 'ooh, electro' <i love ultradyne btw

electro to me is like rex the dog, fresh. if you havent heard before, check it out. if you can excuse the apparent cheese, there are some corkers, found, tried, and tested on my birthday last weekend :closedeyes:

some are brilliant acid, euro, house, electro. me and mandy liked about 3 or 4 of them a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2m7H6yrjk

p.s oh, and what i said about not liking brickwalled, i dont like it when it makes it too loud in all the frequency domain, but some of the justice type stuff gets it just right.. some work some dont :shrug:

Guest kanondwerg

That is a seriously shit song, sorry mate. And if you're gonna be a "no, THIS is electro" nazi, at least get your shit together and stand up for the classic electrofunk stuff, not cheap grumpy EBM or "dark electro" (lol!).

In any case, please refer to this post in the Tiga thread for further clarification: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/53181-the-artist-known-as-tiga/page__st__15__p__1234777entry1234777

Have a nice day, i'm sure you have great musical taste otherwise, not trying to start anything.

then i'd like to know your thoughts about the drexciya related scene.

Guest Lube Saibot

then i'd like to know your thoughts about the drexciya related scene.

Drexciya is almost idm, let it go.

Archived