IGNORED

what are you guys giving up for lent?

Alzado

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laugh if you will. But I pray for you to know that Jesus offers us a once size fits all option. Knowing the heart of every man, he knows our purest hopes and our darkest inclinations, yet loves each of us individually while offering us a free gift that we can't earn and don't deserve. Whatever we carry in our lives, he will work with, all we have to do is set our hearts upon him, truly amazing grace!

As usual, I'm giving up a number of things this year. First, i'm giving up facebook. that site is too addictive and it will be nice not to feel compelled to check it every 15 minutes. next, i'm giving up store bought coffee (i.e. making starbucks runs). it's an expensive luxury that I would be wise to do without. finally, this may be the most difficult, but I'm going to give up slapping attractive young girls on the ass when I pass them on the street. as much as they may find it flattering, i need to exercise a little restraint and the lenton season gives me the perfect excuse. i already refrain from ass slapping fat, ugly and old (above 25 yo) women, so it's not like it's going to be that much work. but it will still be difficult to lay off a tasty young ass when I spot one, especially when she's just begging me to do it with her little girl scout eyes.

Where do you live where its ok to Slap Chicks on the Ass. If I did that here I'm sure to get slapped in the face no matter what age the chick is.

I tired to stop masturbating for less than 4 times a day. I lasted 1 Day and 5 Hours. I'll try to beat that record.

not that i have any compunction because of lent but i'm concurrently giving up smoking these weak-ass sitar-ass little cigars that probably have 0% nicotine anyway

I might give up afternoon naps.

Why give up something thats good for you?

thanks Fred.

yea that seems true, MB. it keeps your ego in check. :rdjgrin:

One of my friends on twitter suggested I give up Aphex Twin for Lent.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

What'll that achieve? Arent we supposed to be bettering ourselves? Not listening to Aphex would make me a worse person, imagine if I could only listen to Black Eyed Peas :facepalm: I might just turn out worse than Hitler.

I'm taking up protein.

And heroin.

next, i'm giving up store bought coffee (i.e. making starbucks runs). it's an expensive luxury that I would be wise to do without.

given the price of chain brand coffee ( and the absolute crapness of the quality (seriously)). Why don't you just invest in a decent cappaccino maker for work. We've got a drip filter and and expresso machine. But i'm mostly non caffeinated or a tea drinker so they don't get much use. But for frothy coffee, i might just be temptenid.

i'm giving up giving up shit for 'lent', cos it's a load of stoopid ballsacks. and so is catholiscismismm.

you sure it's not you that's a stupid ballsack? i'm not trying to flame, i just think you should make sure. i mean you put lent inside single quotes and i cant for the life of me understand why. maybe you're a stupid ballsack?

Guest JW Modestburns

Did troon spike the water around here or something?

Doesn't lent last for 40 days?

Does this mean that I can go back to my life of excess and satanic temptation when the rabbit starts laying eggs?

If so, lent totally kills new years, because new years resolutions are for keeps (which obviously never works), and there are no cadburries.

new year resolutions ='s taking on new challenges

Lent year resolutions ='s getting rid of old stuff (40 days is good for smoking (throw in a night and it's good for flooding to, which also gets rid of old stuff)

dleetrs birthday resolutions ='s giving money to dleetr cause he's awesome

i'm giving up giving up shit for 'lent', cos it's a load of stoopid ballsacks. and so is catholiscismismm.

you sure it's not you that's a stupid ballsack? i'm not trying to flame, i just think you should make sure. i mean you put lent inside single quotes and i cant for the life of me understand why. maybe you're a stupid ballsack?

yeah i'm quite sure i am a stoopid ballsack, much like you are, and everybody else who thinks they know what it's all about!

this is just my opinion, aquired through actually living life and not reading the re-written edited books, upon more re-written, edited bullshit...... for thousands of years!??

jesus. get a life. it is what it is.

Archived