IGNORED

Getting Really Depressed When People Who Just Started Making Music Get Famous

Guest we_kill_soapscum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you love what you do, fuck it.

this is by far the best advice on the thread. not to sound like a dick either.

for the longest time, i had musician friends and the like saying how talented i was, that they wanted to collaborate....all were empty promises, but they messed my mind up desperately searching for some sort of validation in how I made a good song or some such.

after a few years I realized it was a huge waste of time. I spent so much of myself trying to impress others or "make it big" for lack of a better term,

oddly enough, I played some of my tracks in Baltimore for a Moodgadget concert, and I had a lot of people tell me one track was badass....suddenly the need for fame or fortune or any of that went out the window. All I needed was validation.

Now I make whatever the fuck I want. Ill send it to friends, sure, but I am not even worried about their opinions in the slightest anymore.

Also, keep in mind for many "famous" people, fame did not come until the end of their lives, or even far after....so take it all in stride...I know its easy to beat yourself up over it, but don't lose face.

I have the theory that every single person on earth has a talent, but they either refuse to acknowledge it as their talent, or they just give up on finding out what it is.

Point is I guess, don't worry man, take it from me....it will save you a lot of anxiety, and give you even MORE room for creativity!

sell it and get very nice clubs

i'm just going to throw it all into a river in disgust.

you're right. fuck it all. kill yourself on the 18th hole UNLESS you get a hole in one. if that's the case then you have to dry off your gear and try again.

Archived